Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2013

Cravat Colour Advice Please

Kitles123, 1 of May of 2013 at 22:22 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hello Ladies,

Need a bit advice please.

I was planning on ordering up my Cravats as I am having someone make them for me due to the colour being unusual. I was under the impression that the Groom would wear the same colour as all the other men, however a few people have said to me that he should wear an Ivory Cravat.

Now I am not sure and don't know what to do.

Can you please share what colour you Groom will be wearing or what you think I should do?

Appreciate any help/advice.

Regards,

Katherine x

14 replies

Latest activity by havecreditwillwed, 3 of May of 2013 at 16:58
  • minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

My OH will be wearing an ivory cravat and an ivory button hole ?

The other guys will be wearing mocha cravats and roses.

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

Mine's the opposite way round.

My H2B and pageboy (our son) are wearing blood red cravats (same colour as my dress) and my Dad, Best man and Usher are wearing ivory cravats Smiley smile

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I was intending on everyone having matching ones. We are a bit mis-matched though, my dad and the ushers are all in kilts, the groom and best man are in suits and the page boys... we're undecided, it's either suits to match the groom or chinos and shirts.

• Jojopug
    Beginner October 2014
    Jojopug ·
    • Hide content

I always thought the men matched? I only have a MOH and no bridesmaids but h2b, best man and fathers cravats will match moh's dress colour.

• FlickAndZeb
    Beginner September 2013
    FlickAndZeb ·
    • Hide content

I thought the groom, groomsmen, and father of the bride all had to have different colours.. the FotB not wearing a cravat at all! Just a usual tie. *shrugs* I duno.. Your day do it your way Smiley smile

• rp304
    Beginner August 2013
    rp304 ·
    • Hide content

I suppose it's just up to what you want really.

Our bridesmaids dresses are cadbury purple with a lilac waistband, so the groom is wearing a cadbury purple cravat and the other men are wearing lilac.

They were all going to wear the same but then i thought about it and it ties in with the bridesmaids and means that the cadbury purple cravat will make him stand out more than the other men in the photos. They are all having the same buttonholes though.

• V
    Beginner September 2013
    Vix7913 ·
    • Hide content

My OH tried on an ivory cravat but thought he looked to plain so he is wearing the same taupe coloured cravats as his best man and our Dads.

He will have a slightly more elaborate button hole than them.

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

My OH will be wearing an ivory tie and the other men are wearing black ties. I only chose a different colour because their suits are the same and I wanted OH to look a bit different.

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    Kitles123 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies.

I'm still not 100% sure, I will think about it over the next few days.

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

We have just received the swatches for the cravats and have decided on latte for the best men, dads and ushers and HTB is having bamboo.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

For us, OH and both dads (his being best man) are having matching everything- gunmetal ties and pocket squares to match the bridesmaids.

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea what colour my groom will be wearing but he will choose! Choose whatever colours/combinations you prefer! It's your wedding, no one's going to complain that the groom was wearing the wrong colour cravat.

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same problem. OH, Best Man, ushers and FOG in Kilts, FOB, Uncle of Bride and BIL in Royal Ascot!

I am putting all the men but Groom in same colour cravats as the BM dresses, Groom will have another colour that will go with his Kilt. Poss Ivory, Silver or light blue.

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics