Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner July 2016

cream/ivory 4x6 card for table plan

hotcookie, 7 of June of 2016 at 21:47 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm tired, and my brain can't google-please help!
I have bought a multi-photo frame to display table plan on-it's for 4x6 photos, and we are going to print out the table lists and put them in there.

What on earth am I supposed to buy. A6 is a little small to fit ,and I can't find nice, cream plain 4x 6 postcards to print it on. Please help me! Roll on July 9th and being married and not needing to sort the stupid details neither of us are really that bothered by!

Thanks! Smiley laugh

9 replies

Latest activity by hotcookie, 8 of June of 2016 at 15:14
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Could you just buy sheets of A4 cream cards and cut them to size? Smiley smile

You could fit more than one table on a sheet which would save you time too Smiley smile

x

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I've been buying all my card from Hobbycraft - they do packs or you can buy singular sheets - and they also do a lot of different sizes.

I just buy A4, print out a few of whatever onto the sheet and then cut them out with a craft mat and stanley knife so they're nice and straight.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I just printed mine on a4 and then cut out. You can set the page size on word to the size required to make sure that it fits.

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

You can get custom-sized cards from http://www.pdacardandcraft.co.uk/ - I am making a memory book (like a groom's journal) for H2B and I've ordered some cards in a very specific size to write on and glue into the scrapbook.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest buying A4/A5 card too. I just placed my Hobbycraft order yesterday for printing the menus and table names.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    hotcookie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks-I shall have a look at custom size. I really don't fancy cutting A4 to size although it may come to that (I am THAT lazy when it comes to craft/diy) I'm also now thinking 0.1inch gap either end won't be noticeable so may just order A6...

I only bought the photo frame to make it easy to do a table plan...

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

My only worry would be how would you change your print settings to print on A6? I'm a bit of a dunce at all things techie which is why I play it safe with printing on A4. Just something to bear in mind if you haven't already.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    hotcookie ·
    • Hide content

Ah, OH works in IT with a superduper printer they will let him use, and am pretty sure that you can adjust paper size in a regular printer, so with this one should be a piece of cake Smiley laugh (I hope!)

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Brill, you're all set then!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    hotcookie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone

Panic is over anyway, as although the frame is for 4x 6 photos, the mounts are more like 95x 145mm so can easily put a6 in there without having to worry.

Shall get OH on the case on making the displays look pretty, and then get them printed.

thanks for all advice. I am really looking forward to the wedding, best bit will be the planning will be OVER! Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics