Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Creases in Linen Hire

MAG2FMC, 30 of May of 2012 at 19:14 Posted on Planning 0 5

Right, so for our wedding our catering company is providing the linens (though for ours, they're having to get them from another supplier because of the colour we want). I've been looking at photos of weddings at our venue (handled exclusively by the catering company), and I've noticed that the tablecloths have horrible creases in them from where they were folded. I know it's a very picky point, but photographs definitely pick up on it, and personally, I think it just looks awful!

Would it be crazy to ask the catering company to (a) ask the linen company to iron out the creases; (b) for the catering company to do so itself; or (c) if (a) or (b) don't work, to allow us to pick up the tablecloths a couple days ahead of time to do it ourselves???

5 replies

Latest activity by Glamgalore, 26 of October of 2023 at 08:45
  • Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Having worked in a restaurant that uses table cloths it is REALLY difficult to have large table cloths without a fold at least in one place....you need to steam them if thats what you really wants but it will take time and i would imagine you will have to pay extra (it is a pain in the a**)...i wouldn't recommend doing it yourself because how are you going to store them? they need to be done morning of the wedding and put straight on the tables...im sure there is a machine you can get to steam them once there on the tables but it depends on the tables (you may not be able to if it will damage the tables) you will find most venues have the table cloths with at least one fold! nobody else will notice! Smiley smile x

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

I really wouldn't mind if it was one fold, but we're talking multiple of multiple! It seems that they firmly fold all their table cloths into 18 in squares or rectangles.

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

Ok it's obviously something to do with how they store them, if you really don't like it then i would ask them what can be done about it they may say they will do it for free, they may want to charge you..it all depends how important it is to you but no harm in asking!! x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

When I've been setting up flowers at venues, I've often arrived in the middle of the venue steaming the cloths on the tables so not sure whether it would be the linen suppliers job or the venue's job but worth checking out both because they do look much better if they are steamed, not only on the photos but for the table settings/decorations etc.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Ah yes thatS my pet hate too. Any decent supplier venue would steam iron them while they are on the table... So you might need a cordless steam iron if your venue does not have one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics