Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

knitting_vixen
Beginner September 2011

creative cats- how to decorate a dustbin?!?

knitting_vixen, 15 of July of 2011 at 12:58 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello, we are providing the alcohol for our wedding ourselves. We will be supplying bottles of beers and are going to keep them cool in dustbins of ice. The dustbins we will be using are the old fashioned black plastic ones (before the wheelie bin era).

Anyone got any suggestions of how we can pimp them up a bit so they look a bit nicer?

Our wedding will be shabby chic/vintagey stylee (think bunting, jam jar lanterns and mis-matched vases/jigs of flowers)...

5 replies

Latest activity by madforit, 16 of July of 2011 at 18:48
  • Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

I think a stainless steel dustbin would love better. What about draping bunting around it?

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

Kath Kidstone style fabric around the outside? YOu can buy it quite cheaply from Dunelm Mill. Maybe do mini bunting around the top of the bin?

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

this idea I like!

We already have the plastic dustbins which is why I want to use these rather than buying new metal ones.

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could you perhaps spray them silver and then decorate with lace or bunting around the top rim to echo your glass jar lanterns? (it is you that has those, isn't it, or am I talking out my rear?)

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    madforit ·
    • Hide content

Spray paint each one to match your colour scheme and make some flower garlands to hang on the outside with some lacy\ribbons to decorate. Perhaps paint some polka dots, Cath Kidston style :-)

Love your idea. We're planning on doing and providing alot ourselves, so keeping my eye open for some good ideas ? xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics