Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Creative ideas for something old, new, borrowed and blue

8 May, 2012 at 23:22 Posted on Planning 0 13

I had seen a safety pin on notonthehighstreet and was thinking of that but then if you buy something with those components you won't get the borrowed element, but was wondering had anyone any creative ideas around their something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.

So far i am thinking my gartar is blue and i will be wearing blue nail polish on my toe nails.

My something new will be everything else i am wearing for the wedding.

13 replies

Latest activity by answerbacklou, 10 May, 2012 at 00:29
  • xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Afraid I can't really help but will be watching this post with interest as I too have my new and blue but need an old and borrowed!

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

I was under the impression that it needed to be seperate things:

Mine are:

* Something old - My Nana's pearls - she passed away 3 years ago so think this will be a nice touch

* Something new - everything I'm wearing

*Something borrowed - no idea - nail varnish lol??

*Something blue - my garter

and I have been given a sixpence by my mums friend for in my shoe Smiley smile

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

My something blue was in the garter, new all the wedding stuff, old and borrowed was my nan's crystals which i had made into a new set of jewellery Smiley smile

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

Amanda isnt the something borrowed your sixpence...? x

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oooh I suppose it could be - but I wasn't sure if they needed to be seperate things? 1 for old, 1 for new, 1 for borrowed, 1 for blue and a sixpence for in your shoe?

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content

I thought old new borrowed blue were the main ones (ie mandatory), with the sixpence just optional x

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

This is tricky isn't it? I have new dress, shoes etc, blue garter, ribbons etc as our wedding colour is blue, but as for old and borrowed, I'm completely stuck.

I am adding a photo of someone I love to my bouquet who can't be there on the day, so perhaps the photo will count as old (but how old is old?). No ideas for borrowed yet as no-one has offered anything that I can use.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    Stephhowell ·
    • Hide content

My new is pretty much everything I am wearing.

My borrowed is my veil - i have borrowed it off my sister.

My blue is on my garter

My something old- I have no idea

And I have a sixpence for my shoe, but not sure whether it might just fall out!!

• Mrs Mack
    Beginner May 2012
    Mrs Mack ·
    • Hide content

Old/Blue - my gran's eternity ring - it has sapphires in it and will be attached to my bouquet

New - Dress etc

Borrowed - my cousin's underskirt - she got married in January so Im having a wee shot of that since its still brand new practically! x

• T
    Beginner June 2012
    TheDitzyOne ·
    • Hide content

Something new, everything I'm wearing

something old, the jewellery OH bought me for Chistmas (compliments my dress perfectly)

something blue, my mum bought me a blue button ring, again goes perfectly as I'm having a button bouquet

something borrowed. I'm stuck here. I might ask one of me maidy's if I can borrow £20 in case I get stuck at the bar and i need to buy me someone else a drink

• BuzzyBride
    Beginner March 2013
    BuzzyBride ·
    • Hide content

I've still got a while to think about these but:

Old/borrowed - I'm thinking of the coat my mum wore for my parents wedding, both winter weddings, and a bit sentimental.

New - my dress and everything else!

Blue - shoes! I love the idea of a little bit of colour peeping out under my dress, and it means I'm more likely to be able to wear them after the wedding too!

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bit back-to-front with this one as my something old is everything I'm wearing (except my underwear which can count as new) as I've got all vintage (dress, shoes, jewellery). I'm borrowing my Mum's pearls. I'm more stuck on the blue. Might get a blue garter (or Leeds Utd one which would incorporate blue) & I like someone else's suggestion of blue nail polish on toenails.

• tybalt
    Beginner April 2012
    tybalt ·
    • Hide content

Ha, I've just realised that I had every one of those with out thinking about it, didn't even set out to have any as not part of the Indian tradition BUT

Old - my mum's wedding jewellery which she has now handed down to me

New - my dress, shoes, side tiara

Borrowed - nail varnish from my sister (MOH)

Blue - (well, bluey-green) satin trim on my garter which I made myself (again, not an Indian tradition but my husband is Caucasian and I thought he would like it - he didn't even notice!!)

• A
    Beginner May 2013
    answerbacklou ·
    • Hide content

Me and my mum were talking about this today,

My something old will be my great grandmothers pearls (this will also be borrowed as they were left to my mum)

My something new is my dress,

My something Blue is my Garter,

and My something Borrowed is the veil my mum wore on her wedding 25 years ago (surprisingly it is still in really good condition and i am just going to add a few jewels to update it a bit)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics