Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xMissyLoux
Beginner September 2012

Crest Whitening Strips

xMissyLoux, 15 May, 2012 at 18:58 Posted on Planning 0 10

Thanks to the help of you lovely ladies I've decided to get these to whiten my teeth for the wedding although I now need those of you who have used them to answer a few questions for me if you can please!

Firstly I've found this site https://www.oralb.co.uk/en-GB/new-oral-b-3-d-whitestrips?gclid=CMHdh4nugrACFSYhtAodT2Uugw is this the best one to buy from/the one you used?

Secondly, which product on that page do I actually want? There seems to be different types!

Finally, how long do I need to use them for to see results and then how long do the results last after I stop using them? Just trying to work out when to start using them!

I know this last one will probably depend on variables such as extent of my staining and the types of food and drink I consume but just 'on average'/from your personal experience!

Any help/advice with these would be thoroughly appreciated as, let's face it, I 'aint got a scooby! lol

10 replies

Latest activity by Red Baroness, 16 May, 2012 at 09:48
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Right - you need the Supreme Strength ones: https://www.oralb.co.uk/en-GB/new-oral-b-3-d-whitestrips

I bought 28 strips from here though as did't want to fork out that much in case they didn't work: http://dentstore.co.uk/teeth-whitening-kits/crest-whitestrips/crest-whitestrips-supreme-7-day

I only used them once a day rather than two for the two weeks before my wedding (and even then not every day). You could definitely see a difference and I definitely could have used them more.

I would say that the effects start to wear off straight away but only tiny amounts.

Personally, I would use them for up to a month before the wedding, depending on how much of a difference you're looking for.

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

If you PM me, I can send you some information about how to most effectively use Crest Whitening Strips. I have the info from my friend who works for the company's oral care division. I'd just rather not post the info publicly, as it goes against the company's public recommended use!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Do you mind if I PM you too? Would be interested to hear that.

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

And me!! I am about to purchase them too.

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

No problem to anyone that wants to PM. I have emailed my friend to confirm that advice she previously gave me (that way I'm not telling anyone the wrong thing). So, if I don't reply to you immediately, it's only because I'm waiting for her confirmation!

• BadgerBeetle
    Beginner November 2012
    BadgerBeetle ·
    • Hide content

Can you PM me too please? Smiley smile xx

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that Kharv!

So on the website it says 42 pouches (84 strips) so there's 2 strips in a pouch because you need one strip for the top and one for the bottom and then it's recommended you do this twice a day so you'd use 2 pouches a day, so 42 pouches would last 21 days yes? Wow that's confusing!

Okay well I'm umming and arring whether it's worth getting ready in time for my hen (3 weeks before the wedding) or just for the wedding day itself, I also have a couple of photoshoots in July. Maybe I'll use the, for all of July and August...can you make your teeth too white with them lol?

Thank you MAG, I shall email you now, definitely need that advice I think(!)

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I got a number of PMs but they've now disappeared from my email! And, I can't figure out how to reply to PMs from inside Hitched. Anyways, I heard back from my friend, and what she said isn't that tantalizing, so I thought instead of wasting time trying to figure out this technology PM stuff, I'd just repost here. I hope everyone sees this and that I didn't get your hopes up too much with the prospect of a super secret!

Re crest white strips -- this is not the company's recommendations -- just want she's done. She leaves them on longer than the recommended time and does them back to back. The directions say 30 minutes but this is because leaving them on longer can lead to sensitivity and gum discomfort. If you don't have sensitive teeth, then try leaving them on for longer than the 30 minutes. Also, the directions say use only one a day, but she uses more than one application.

She also suggests ones with Advanced Seal, if available. They are supposed to be way more comfortable, and all 3 versions are great.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've done this before as well, and have been absolutely fine. I find that if I use them more than once a day, sometimes my teeth feel a little sensitive, but not always. Using Sensodyne toothpaste during the whitening period is a good shout if you have sensitive teeth and gums.

• F
    Beginner June 2012
    Future Mrs Chuckles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too pretty please! Smiley smile

x

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message