Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner September 2017

Crochet Wedding Bouquet

Womanonabudget, 14 of June of 2016 at 14:02 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all

I have seen a lovely crocheted wedding bouquet on Pinterest and I thought it would be ideal for my bridesmaids and it would save some much needed cash. I have just finished a crochet blanket which is my first project but I have to say I have had a lot of help from friends!

I was just wondering whether anyone would have a pattern for one of these or at least tell me how to go about it, i.e. how to make the roses.

Hopefully you can all see this picture

If anyone out there can help me that would be brilliant.

6 replies

Latest activity by Womanonabudget, 16 of June of 2016 at 09:36
  • B
    Beginner November 2016
    BBC2B ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I don't have a pattern - but have you looked on Ravelry? There are loads of free crochet patterns on there - I've used quite a few from there before. In fact, I'm crocheting our wedding favours at the moment (snowflake christmas tree ornaments for our winter wedding) from a ravelry pattern.

The website is: http://www.ravelry.com

:-)

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

I'm crocheting the bouquets and the buttonholes - I had seen this picture on Pinterest, as well as the amazing one on the according to Matt blog.

It's a very time-consuming way to make a bouquet! Each flower has taken half an hour and I have over 100 of them now... Plus some bigger ones for buttonholes, which each required a stem making, and some leaves. The flowers in the bouquet have all had a pearl stitched into the middle, and then I've stitched each one onto a drinking straw to create the stem.

I did try to pin them all onto a polystyrene hemisphere but couldn't find a good way of making a handle. Red Heart have a tutorial here which might help: http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LC3539.pdf

I used the Attic 24 pattern for inspiration, and a tea cosy rose pattern for buttonholes.

Here is a rough idea of how it will look, with more whites and paler pinks:

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    Womanonabudget ·
    • Hide content

Hi Arpee

Thanks very much for your reply... I love how your roses look, they are really special and the colours are similar to what mine are going to be, probably without the darker pink roses.

So can I just ask... I have looked at the Red Heart link, is that the pattern you have used for the roses that you have already done. The only reason I am asking is that yours look much fuller than the ones on the Red Heart site? What wool have you used? Double knit?? I had thought that I might be able to put the roses into a bouquet oasis that you can get from the florist which is basically an oasis which is surrounded by a plastic outer and includes a handle. I was thinking that I might be able to purchase some long quilting pins which have pearl heads on them and use them to attach it to said oasis.

My wedding is not until next year so I have time to get on with the three that I would need to make! I was thinking that if I get my act together I could take them on hols this year (July) and crack on with them in the evenings when I haven't got the usual household jobs to do that I have when I am at home.

Anyway.... digressing .... the roses that you have are just what I am looking for so if it is the Red Heart pattern for roses that you have used then I will definitely give them a go.

I will have a look now and see if I can find some piccies of buttonholes and try and find a tea cosy pattern lol

I must admit I hadn't thought about crochet button holes but its something I might look into as I haven't seen any before.

Thanks again

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    Womanonabudget ·
    • Hide content

BBC2B Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

• Arpee
    Beginner August 2016
    Arpee ·
    • Hide content

The Red Heart tutorial was just guidance for how to put it together. I also looked at getting a bouquet oasis and using pearl-headed pins but I wasn't convinced they'd stay put.

I've found the links to the patterns I used for inspiration:

http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/may-roses.html

http://whydidntanyonetellme.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/sharing-tea-cosy-love.html

I tried Stylecraft Special DK but it had too fuzzy a finish so I opted for cotton instead. I used a 3.5mm hook with Scheepjes Catona in five different shades.

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

I have this one in my ravelry library ready to try make,

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bouquet-de-mariee

• W
    Beginner September 2017
    Womanonabudget ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all soooo very much for your help and advice. I bet you cant guess what I will be doing this weekend lol!

I am going to buy some cotton and have a practice before I start buying lots of different shades of pink.

I will keep you all updated.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics