Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2016

Crockery Rental (something weird happened with my first post)

Leelee85, 27 of April of 2015 at 17:45 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi ladies,

Our venue is dry hire and so we need crockery, cutlery and glasses etc.

Our caterers can hire this for us but we would like to get our own quotes as well.

Has anyone done this before and can recommend anyone in the London/South East area.

Thanks so much

xx

12 replies

Latest activity by Leelee85, 29 of April of 2015 at 11:08
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I know sainsburys do glasses, not sure about plates etc though. I think you just pay for a deposit, my parents did it for a big BBQ they hosted.

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mrs Shep.

I'll check out Sainsbury's

When you say a deposit, was that to just cover breakages?

I've found a couple of places online and emailed for quotes. One also did chocolate fountains but the Mr has said no. So boring!!! lol

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh, I had a look. What a great deal!! Thanks for the tip

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

No probs! Was it just a deposit for breakages? Funny how they don't really advertise that.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

This doesn't exactly answer the question but we found it was cheaper for us to buy than hire plates. We were quoted about £1 per plate to hire and I bought them from ikea for 50p per plate. I also bought knives and forks from a catering company on ebay which was cheaper than hiring. It's a little bit of effort but it saved us quite a bit! Our caterer has offered to wash everything up for us. It's just another option to consider if you have time! X

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Mrs E2b. What did you do with all the stuff after? Keep it?

I'll check out Ebay as well. See what they have.

Mrs Shep. You get the £20 back after and they charge "a small amount per glass" for any breakages.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to stick it all on ebay after the wedding, anything we make back is a bonus. X

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

We have the same issue. We're hiring the plates but we found it cheaper to buy the cutlery from wilkos. They do sets of 4 for £1.70(4 knifes, forks, tea and desert spoons). They also do everything separately really cheap if you don't need tea spoons. As said Sainsburys is great for glasses.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Just be careful with really cheap cutlery. If you are having meat that needs to be cut etc. often the cheap cutlery bends really easily, knives don't cut well etc.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

If you were going to buy cutlery/crockery, you could also look at tesco, asda or primark. (the primark in Oxford st has a homewares section)

Another option is job lots on ebay being sold.

The Tescos ones below are £1 each.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/basics-dinner-plate-white/323-5954.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=323-5954

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-basics-porcelain-bowl-white/475-0679.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=475-0679

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Teal!

I think I am going to try and avoid buying just because I am too lazy to sell after. It might end up costing a bit more the but the ease of renting is what I am hoping for.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I would expect to be able to hire dinner plate, side plate, bowl, coffee cup and knife, fork, dessert spoon, teaspoon for about £1.50pp. Things to note are that some hire companies require you to return the items washed, others charge a cleaning fee.

If you do go down this line don't forget salt and pepper pots etc.

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds good. Our caterer will take charge of it all including returns. I'm wIting for thier supplier quotes too. Will be easier to have them do it all I think

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics