Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner November 2011

Crondon Park - Resident DJ

tim.kite, 21 September, 2010 at 13:46 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi there, Just wondered if anyone had been to a wedding/had a wedding at Crondon Park, Stock and knew what the resident DJ was like or peoples general opinion of resident DJ's. We were quite happy to have a resident DJ as it come in the package price but after a few wedding shows other entertainers are trying to put us off. Is this just to get our business or are they that bad?

Thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by tim.kite, 23 September, 2010 at 08:33
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Can't help with the venue but my bride-to-be's sister got married at a hotel a month or so back that had a resident DJ - and it was dreadful. The couple provided him with a long list of music they wanted, including lots of party favourites, and he pretty much ignored 99% of the list, instead playing requests from guests - of course all the kids wanted Lady Gaga which we were sick of by the 4th play. Most people didn't know or care, of course, but they were very disappointed.

I'm sure not all resident DJ's are bad but it might be worth asking if you could come along to someone else's wedding and 'have a listen' from outside to see whether their DJ matches your expectations.

• T
    Beginner November 2011
    tim.kite ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your comments, it did help. First time i went to a wedding show with my fiancee and we ended up doing 3 in one day and a couple of the entertainers tried to put us off but i thought if they were that bad then Crondon wouldn't use them.

When are you getting married next year, how is your planning going. Crondon Park is such a lvoely venue, hope your day goes really well.

Tim

• T
    Beginner November 2011
    tim.kite ·
    • Hide content

It will fly by but you seem well on your way. We are getting married late November. I thkn we went to see Blake Hall and a place in Laindon but you're right once you see Crondon Park you just know that is a perfect venue. It's a nice size, very intimate and everything is in the one place.

Good luck with everything, i hope it all goes well for you

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I'm a DJ, but I'm not trying to get your business because I'm out in NI.....but I've a wealth of experience of this scenario.

The reason entertainers are very anti 'resident DJs' is that its a con on the part of venues. One actual example of this practice (or mal-practice) is that the venue charges you £300 for their DJ and pays the DJ £150. So the client thinks they're getting a top class DJ when in fact they're getting a £50 Sid. Saying that, the resident DJ could be OK.....but us in the business have heard so many horror stories hence our negative view.

There are far more advantages to choosing your own. I've said it many times..... we are all so very different with different styles and different services. Its tempting to think that its just a case of a guy pressing play. To give you an idea of the breadth of DJs available, have a look on my own site www.sandysoundsweddingdisco.com and compare it to a few others found randomly on t'internet and you'll see the choice is phenominal. By having the resident you are loosing the opportunity of picking the best fit for your evening. I also think that many residents tend to see each booking as 'just another job' and tend to churn out the same thing day in day out.

With regard to playing the right music....many of us guarantee to play your songlist.

Another thing to be aware of is that a venue cannot legally insist that you use their resident DJ...as this is classed as restricted practice. Also many resident DJs (not all I might add) are chosen on their price and not their ability or professionalism. I've been offered residencies on more than one occasion, but the amount they were willing to pay me was laughable and barely covered my overheads. I prefer working directly for a client, building up a good rapport and having full and direct contact with my bride so that i can deliver the ideal entertainment.

• T
    Beginner November 2011
    tim.kite ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

Thanks very much for getting in touch.

I will be talking to the venue and asking about the resident dj and also look at alternatives.

Many Thanks

Tim

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics