Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Cross stitch table numbers *Flashes*

28 October, 2012 at 19:13 Posted on Planning 0 3

I've discovered that having sooooo long to plan our wedding has been a blessing and a curse! It means that I have the time to do lots of little personal touches, but it also means I've ended up cross-stitching twenty identical little birds, which takes the patience of a saint. As those of you who know me on here will know I absolutely love birds, so when I came across this pattern I had to somehow include it in the wedding.

I'm using the birds as the table numbers, and are all different colours to correspond with the seating plan. The yellow number is a bit difficult to see, but I figure the guests will know it is their table without needing the number, as it will be the only yellow one. Here are a selection....

I plan to frame them in oval cream card, and then attach to long lengths of bamboo to stick up high out of the flower table centre-pieces....

And as if that wasn't enough stitching for one person, I've also just finished our wedding sampler. My hubby2b really loves it, and says we should get it framed and placed next to the box for guests to put their cards into. After the wedding it will go pride of place on the living room wall.

And fear not ... those little birds will not go to waste after the wedding, hubby2b also had the genius idea of framing them Andy Warhol-style, and using them to decorate a nursery in the future.

3 replies

Latest activity by Kjay, 28 October, 2012 at 20:10
  • T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I used to do alot of cross stich & your designs are great- lots of work for sure.

Its hard to get a perspective of how big the birds & numbers actually are. As you said, if people cant read the number across the room, they might see the colour of the bird. If you did 20 birds in cross stitch, does that mean there are 20 tables? I'd personally struggle to match the colour across the room if there are 19 other table colours to be looking for & the number is so tiny. Could you have the surround in the same colour as the bird also?

• Poppy14
    Beginner April 2014
    Poppy14 ·
    • Hide content

These are lovely, a really personal touch!

I'm currently doing a sampler for my sister's wedding. (Although it has turned into a first anniversary present)

Making them into a picture is a gorgeous idea.

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely, you are one talented lady...I still haven't restarted my cross stitch from when I saw your last flash of the cat!

I am off work this week so maybe I will get back too it...!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics