Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jess290280
Beginner March 2012

CUC Liverpool

jess290280, 4 December, 2011 at 22:18 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hiya,

did anyone else have a wedding booked at the CUC Liverpool for next year? If so where have you managed to book instead?

Our wedding's the third of March 2012 and we'd fallen in love with the rustic charm of the rooms at the CUC so we're trying to find something with the same feel but in the city centre as we have everything else booked including hotel accomodation!

We've got a couple of appointments this week so fingers crossed,

Jessica

4 replies

Latest activity by Big Apple, 5 December, 2011 at 16:25
  • The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

I sang at a wedding at the CUC on Saturday. Is the venue closing down or something?

• jess290280
    Beginner March 2012
    jess290280 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

sadly yes http://www.contemporaryurbancentre.org/liverpool/news/cuc-to-close-its-doors-3rd-january-2012 really gutted I think it's a big loss to the city,

Jessica

• The Wedding Singer
    The Wedding Singer ·
    • Hide content

Yes, it is a shame. The rooms we saw were really different especially for a city centre venue. I hope you get fixed up with something else!

• jess290280
    Beginner March 2012
    jess290280 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks

• Big Apple
    Beginner February 2013
    Big Apple ·
    • Hide content

I was gutted to hear about the CUC closing, I was quite shocked really as its always been so popular :-( where else have you looked at, or have appointments to look at? There are a few more unusual places you could try, st George's hall, the Isla Gladstone or the palm house in Sefton park? It really depends on your budget though. If you let us know where you're already looking maybe we could suggest others?

The registry office will have moved to st George's Hall by the time you get married so you could always have your ceremony here then go on to somewhere else for the meal/evening? Then it wouldn't matter so much if the venue wasn't licenced.

Im gutted for you, I can't imagine having my heart set on somewhere and then our plans having to change at such short notice, I guess it's a saving grace that your wedding isnt in the summer months when places are almost guaranteed to be booked up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics