Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner

Cufflink Help!

WhiteSparkles, 4 April, 2011 at 19:56 Posted on Planning 0 12

My OH thought he had asked for cufflinks with the suit hire, but I checked this weekend and he hasn't! They have quoted me an additional £20 per pair (I need 6) which I though was a little steep!

I am now planning on buying them instead, and the groomsmen and page boys can keep them as an additional gift after the wedding. I've never bought cufflinks before except for a birthday present for my dad, but they were pricey and not what I want to spend for the wedding. So I don't know where to start! Any suggestions please? I think we will want just plain silver, nothing special and nothing personalised.

Also- I have 2 pageboys under 5, do they have the same size cufflinks as the men or can you buy children's sizes...

12 replies

Latest activity by Browny, 5 April, 2011 at 19:02
  • BrideMrsT2B
    Beginner June 2011
    BrideMrsT2B ·
    • Hide content

We're getting ours off eBay but I know a lot of the internet wedding places sell them. Failing that jewellers like H Samuel, Next or Tie Rack sell them for reasonable prices ?

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

£20.00 per pair to hire? are you sure this is right? My shop is slightly more expensive than most but I would not consider hiring cufflinks for £20.00. If they are £20.00 to hire they must have a retail value of £60.00 - £80.00. A bit strange. I normally hire my cufflinks (quite nice swivel link plain silver) for £2.00 per pair if you are hiring suits.

Check our fleabay. There is a sellers shop called 'Personalised Engraved Gifts' they do plain silver links engraved with your own message and free delivery for £7.99 per pair.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

We have bought ours for £6 a pair from Ebay

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

M&S do sets of 3 for about GBP12.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I bought some lovely ones from TopMan for about £10, although h2b will be wearing his Transformers cufflinks on the wedding day (which I got off eBay for about £8!).

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I just ordered some from Debenhams in their sale they are £8 a pair but really funky - I've ordered football pitch ones, rubix cube, record player, guitar, and beer glass ones, they're fab and come in a nice little box

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm pretty certain they quoted £20 each when I queried plain silver ones. I might check again as i'm doubting myself now... Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look as it might be nice to engrave them all.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think my H2B would love Transformer cufflinks! That's funny!

• BespokeTailor
    BespokeTailor ·
    • Hide content

I think I need new glasses ?

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

Could try M&S, TM Lewin, or Topman.

if they wear suits to work you could also make these part of the groomsmens' gifts?

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

I got some nice cufflinks at TKMaxx for £8. Though it was at christmas time.

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

M & S have some decent ones, have also got a pair from Timpsons following a packing error, also have a fairly nice pair that came out of a Christmas Cracker! One of my Next shirts also came with some! Should be far less than £20 to buy. Pretty well any shop selling suits will sell cufflinks.

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

If you are after sterling silver cufflinks try this place:

http://www.silverplace.co.uk/productdetails.php?pdid=696&cat_idi=330

Those are the cufflinks we bought our BM and ushers. We got them engraved with their initials but you dont have to. I found them the cheapest for square sterling silver cufflinks (even compared to ebay).

You can get silver plated for extremely cheap though - just google silver cufflinks and loads of places will come up!

HTH

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics