Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2016

Cupcake price - dont want to offend!

MrsLBtoB, 17 of August of 2015 at 12:22 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi All

After some advice please......

I've asked family friend (who is invited to the wedding) whether she would be able to make cupcakes for us for our wedding cake. She is an amazing baker and I've seen her cupcakes before which are amazing.

I asked her how much this would cost - I have no idea how much these would be but for 70 would imagine £100-150 although could be very wrong!!

She initially said she wanted to do it as a wedding gift to us which is lovely but way more than we would ever expect.

I will feel really bad by accepting the wonderful gesture as I feel its too much but she is insistent.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and what have you done? Thinking of maybe buying a gift for her to say thank you but no idea what? I did think flowers but then they dont really last.....

10 replies

Latest activity by MrsLBtoB, 20 of August of 2015 at 09:59
  • BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely offer!

I've just done a google and it looks like they seem to be £2-£3 each depending on what you want.

Could you get her some new baking equipment to say thank you?

• C
    Beginner August 2016
    Chale ·
    • Hide content

Maybe you could take her out for dinner? Or invite her round and cook something really special?

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

My cousin is making our cake as our gift and we've got her a bottle of prosecco and an indoor rose plant.

• H
    Beginner December 2015
    HappyGoldDiamonds245 ·
    • Hide content

Spend the £150 on a hotel or spa break for her

Or a cookery course Eg learn to make artisan bread?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Or could you get her a nice piece of jewellery? Something simple which won't cost you as much as having cakes done professionally, but will show how much you appreciate it.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

My OH's aunt is making our wedding cake, she's been working on the decorations for weeks! I spoke with my FMIL about it, she said all we should get her is some flowers, although I feel like that doesn't quite seem enough.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

I think the other ladies have given really good ideas, definitely something bakery and maybe some fizz and a lovely card.

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsSDtobe ·
    • Hide content

Dont forget that the price you would pay someone is way above what the cost would be. I made a three tier wedding cake (fully iced) for my friends wedding - cost about £40 for ingredients. She paid the cost of the ingredients and my effort was my gift to her ?. They gave me a bunch of flowers during the speech which was far more than I expected. So you could do something similar?

If she wants to do it as a gift, just mention it in the speech - everyone will see the amazing job she has done and she'll be bombarded with compliments from the guests!

From her point of view - its probably less stressful doing them as a gift - less pressure than having someone pay for them - and they'll be plenty of pressure anyway!

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the suggestions! The spa day is quite a good idea - thanks!

• R
    Beginner June 2016
    ror100 ·
    • Hide content

As somebody who has done a cake for a friend, I offered it free but she refused to accept (3 tiers fully decorated fruit) plus 100 cupcakes. In the end I settled at mates rates.

I would avoid buying baking equipment, although well intentioned, equipment is very personal choice for a serious Baker. The spa day would be brilliant though, as baking is tough on the skin and bones!

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank Smiley smile I would have no idea what baking equipment to even buy!? So think will avoid that as no doubt will get it wrong! ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics