Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner January 2009

cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake

sarahv75, 23 December, 2009 at 10:22

Posted on Planning 38

We've decided to have cupcakes instead of a wedding cake and i was wondering if anyone else was doing the same? What company are you using? Icing colours, choc or sponge, sizes etc? I've looked at a few and the best so far seems to be www.thelittlecupcakecompany.co.uk in terms of price and designs....

We've decided to have cupcakes instead of a wedding cake and i was wondering if anyone else was doing the same? What company are you using? Icing colours, choc or sponge, sizes etc? I've looked at a few and the best so far seems to be www.thelittlecupcakecompany.co.uk in terms of price and designs.

I bought a clear acrylic 6 tier stand from ebay last night to display them all! Might also put a few fairy lights around it as i saw a picture on a website and it looked really nice.

38 replies

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

We're having mini cakes rather than cupcakes and then a small cake for the top tire - making them myself (!!) but despite being quite determined to start practicing I haven't done anything for them yet. need to find a couple of good recipes and take it from there - obviously I wouldn't want to be icing cakes the night before so also needs to be something which can keep for a day or two... we'll see!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't realise they did weddings. that will look amazing. i've only been in once since they did it all up.

I'm getting married at stowmarket registry office and then over to Thorpeness for reception. Using Ogilvie Hall which is sports and social club. Get married 18th September this year. It's getting really close.

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

Vickstix - we went to our tasting session tonight and it was fantastic ? We even got given a box of the ones we didn't eat to take home! My diet has gone out of the window until they're all gone..!

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OOH i can't wait til our tasting on wednesday. my diet will prob go out the window too. but oh well i'll just have to run more lol

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sarahv75 it's our tating tonight! can't wait! x

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

We're going to have cupcakes but with a little cake on top we can 'cut'. I love the idea of everyone having a cupcake rather than a slice and think they are really fun! So many cake shops do them now its really popluar! Plus they come in yummier flavours!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics