Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2023 West Yorkshire

Cupid carriages American Pie Limos bankrupt

Mark, 6 of April of 2023 at 07:54 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 0 14
Notified yesterday that our wedding car supplier has gone bankrupt and unable to fulfill our day in 4 days time
That’s Cupid Carriages also trading as American Pie Limousines Guess we won’t be the only ones to lose our money

14 replies

Latest activity by Mark, 29 of May of 2023 at 22:31
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

If you paid by credit card you should be able to get a charge back from the card company. If not, you should be covered by your wedding insurance if you took it out. If none of these apply, you’ll be added to the company’s list of creditors and the liquidation company in charge of their bankruptcy should contact you about whether you’re likely to get any money back - this could take a long time though.

In the meantime I guess your priority is sorting out a wedding car! I would do a mass email out to any local firms asking for help - maybe try local Facebook groups as well. It’s still early in the season so someone might be able to come to the rescue!

• M
    Mark ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Sarah yes we’re on with all of the above Getting another car is the priority And warning others about Cupid Carriages We won’t be the only ones I’m sure
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good luck, I hope something comes through for you!

• L
    Beginner May 2023 Lincolnshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    Same here! Ours is in five weeks time, we only paid the balance a couple weeks ago, they must have known they couldn't honour it! Hope you can sort something out lovely x
  • M
    Mark ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry to hear that and you won’t be the only ones We have managed to book another car but had to invest another chunk of money
    It’s a shame he carried on taking money to the end Good luck
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    I know you are out of pocket but hopefully you have seen that fairytale wedding cars in Sheffield are offering to help where they can x
  • Megan
    Savvy May 2023 Derbyshire
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They did the same to me Leanne! Our wedding in 5 weeks, rang and chased for the balance and tried to talk me into extras (bottle of bubbly etc) whilst obviously knowing they wouldn’t even be there!

I have booked through Tudor Cars for a new car and honestly he was so lovely when I rang - really reassuring that they wouldn’t let me down as well. They’re worth a call if you guys haven’t already sorted alternative transport.
    Fingers crossed we all get our money back
  • L
    Beginner May 2023 Lincolnshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's just awful, luckily we have a bit of time but feel awful for people they will have let down right at the last minute! Thank you for the suggestion, hope you have a lovely day when it arrives ☺️
  • Megan
    Savvy May 2023 Derbyshire
    Megan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know - I felt gutted but lucky that we have time unlike those with bookings that day/weekend! Thanks so much, you too 😊x
  • F
    West Yorkshire
    Faraz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi have you managed to get anything booked?

• F
    West Yorkshire
    Faraz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi did u manage to sort something?

• M
    Mark ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes we did thanks the next day
  • V
    Beginner July 2024 West Yorkshire
    Vikki ·
    • Hide content
    We also booked with this company and have lost our 250 pound deposit. Luckily we liked to get stuff done early and wedding isn't untill next year! Unfortunately not going to get that money back though!
  • M
    Mark ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You may like to know he is still trading as All Seasons Motorhomes hiring out vehicles Despite that you me and dozens of others lost money on our wedding car hire Maybe you’d like to let him know how you feel ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics