Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jojo2
Beginner June 2012

Curly willow

jojo2, 6 of January of 2011 at 10:57 Posted on Planning 0 7

I am on fire today with so many questions to ask, I must have wedding fever.

Just wondering if anyone has used curly willow or any kind of twigs with crystals or fairylights for centrepieces and is it cheaper than using flowers. I love the effect of the branches as it looks quite rustic and natural.

Any pics or info greatly appreciated!

7 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 6 of January of 2011 at 11:38
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Will be cheaper than having a big display of flowers but it depends on the amount of crystals you use. You could use artificial flower heads as well as a few crystals. Here are some examples:

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I think that would look quite nice - I've seen them coloured as well so maybe you could spray them to match your colourscheme?

We're using Ivory and Hunter Green, the green is almost an exact match to British Racing Green so we can pick that up from Halfords.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Those pictures are gorgeous. Did you do those displays??? Exactly what I want. I don't mind not having crystals but can have tealights surrounding on a mirrored base. I am going to start getting quotes soon so if you are responsible for these lovely creations I will be knocking on your door, thanks ?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

No those aren't mine but I can do similar. These are some I did for my own house over Christmas but based on the same principle:

• S
    Beginner
    SoontobeMrsSSmith ·
    • Hide content

IMPORTANT!

My fiance (whose speciality is making custom lighting) recently made some lights which were diffused through curly willow, straw and bullrushes.

They caught fire after just a few hours, just through the heat of the lights

Its a good job he bench tested them. Its not materials he usually works with, mostly its metals, plastics and occasionally woods, but he had a reques for some very organic lighting.

He's now experimenting with low heat lighting and fire retardant coatings on the materials.

Just be cautious ladies, if designing your own stuff, I'm sure a few LED fairy lights would be fine, but please don't quote or hold me to that.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

The lights used for Curly willow or any other branches are usually low voltage LED lights. You can buy them ready assembled & have the BS Kitemark.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Your xmas decorations look stunning, that is the style I really like. I live in Warwickshire so not sure what areas you cover.

Thanks for the tip re: fire hazard I am hoping not to have to use the wedding insurance for burning down the venue?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

We work Nationwide, if you want any info feel free to email me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics