Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chloe
Beginner April 2025 Suffolk

Curvy Bride

Chloe, 29 of April of 2024 at 16:25 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 3

Does any of the curvy brides have any reccomendations on dresses? I am finding most of the dresses made for plus size girlies often have a large skirt which is not me at all. I am also not a huge lover of the mermaid style (very picky lol). If anyone could reccomend a dress or a style I would much appricate it! Smiley heart

3 replies

Latest activity by KATHRYN, 16 of May of 2024 at 15:15
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Try A-line - those styles tend to be flattering on all figures. As a bonus, they tend to be much more comfortable and easy to walk in than the more fitted styles or those with huge skirts!

• Zoë
    Savvy August 2024 West Sussex
    Zoë ·
    • Hide content

I too am a Curvy/Plus Size Bride and I have gone for an A Line dress. I am adding a rather large underskirt as well because I want a large skirt but I tried a few A Line dresses which were more Modest. I would also suggest perhaps a boho/beach style dress. They tend to have less of a skirt to be suitable for beach weddings.

• KATHRYN
    Oxfordshire
    KATHRYN ·
    • Hide content

Try an empire line, where the skirt starts from underneath your bust. It is very flattering for curvy ladies.

Something like this: https://www.sheque.co.uk/product-page/alie-street-isobel-wedding-dress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics