Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chloe
Beginner June 2023 Suffolk

Curvy Brides

Chloe, 29 of April of 2024 at 16:20 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4

Does anyone have any reccomendations for dress styles as a curvy bride? I am finding all the dresses for my size have massive skirts and thats not my style at all, I also really don't like the mermaid fit. Struggling to find the right one! Any help would be appricated Smiley heart

4 replies

Latest activity by Laura.garcia, 26 of June of 2024 at 06:51
  • M
    Beginner May 2025 Central & Glasgow
    Marie ·
    • Hide content

Go dress shopping, try on a few and you will get a feel of what you like and don't like. The staff should be able to help. I'm getting married next year and this is my second wedding so had no idea of what i wanted or liked. The staff were brilliant - made me try on different styles, colours and i took a dress home that day. Its about what you feel comfortable in and when looking in the mirror you like what you see. I took 2 very good friends who are always completely honest with me. Good luck x

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi Chloe,

I'm size 16 and apple shaped. I always liked the column dress but then decided that it wasn't very flattering on me. I ended trying a few dresses on at Wed2B and felt that an A Line dress suited me best. A Line dresses tend to suit all shapes. I wanted shoulder straps for extra support and went with a corset strap as well as it gave me more room for manoeuvre in case my weight changed in the run up to the wedding.

• Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress from TDR Brides in Birmingham Smiley smile they have a variety of different sizes and different shapes and dresses. Smiley heart

• M
    Beginner July 2025 Suffolk
    Micro110 ·
    • Hide content

I'm so torn too, it's really hard to make the final decision.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics