Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Ducky*
Beginner July 2012

Custom Converse? UPDATED! Ours arrived *Flash*

*Ducky*, 17 of February of 2012 at 14:05 Posted on Planning 0 77

I have this innate ability to find unecessary, but really cool cr*p.

I was thinking of getting some comfy shoes to wear for the evening and Mr DB has already expressed an interest in getting some sneaker/pump type shoes to change into also.

Then I have seen you can get converse personalised!

I would probably wear them quite a lot afterwards as my job (I work in a lab) has a very casual dress code and most days I wear skinny jeans, a top and cardi. However, I have to wear full-cover shoes, so can't wear ballerinas or sandals in the summer, instead I wear these sort of trainer things.

Are they truely awful? Or are they truely awful for me, but H2B could get away with them?

Here is a flash of our very own Ozzy converse:

77 replies

Latest activity by nemi, 23 of May of 2014 at 16:38
  • N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I like them! What's your dress like? Will you want them actually on show or will they be covered up and are mainly for comfort? And do they do kids one?? I want some for my 3 year old to wear on the day as I'm not sure I want to buy a smart pair of shoes he will wear once!

• honeysparkle
    Beginner June 2012
    honeysparkle ·
    • Hide content

All the cool kids wear converse! I love them. My best friend has an awsome pair of purple knee high lace ups. jelouse. If you like them go for it I'll probably be wearing trainers all day, comfy and noone will see them anyway lol

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

I think they're a great idea. I live in Converse so will definitely be getting some for the wedding. I have never worn heels, so will wear flats for the ceremony then change into my converse for the reception.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

My dress will most definitely cover them. I have very classy, normal shoes for the ceremony (only our family present). I will wear them to meet all the guests (150) as they arrive after the ceremony for the reception.

And I will probably only put the sneakers on when our ceilidh band starts and to keep dancing to the DJ. So people will know I had taste to begin with...

My H2B just looks good in anything.

• BlueBow
    Beginner December 2013
    BlueBow ·
    • Hide content

Oh I love them!!!! I wish I could wear something like this during the wedding but I'm 5ft and OH is 6ft 5!!! I might treat him to some for the day and then I'll get some for the honeymoon! I'm on the hunt for comfy/high/funky shoes

Thanks DuckyBum!!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They definitely do kids Converse as I have seen them in the shops like Schuh and Office. My work PC can't access the Converse design tool so I can't have a look here (they really should ban hitched, I do far more reading of scientific literature if they did). But I am sure a google would answer your question.

I wonder if I can get my 2 year old flower girl a pair? Now she WOULD look cool in her dress and converse:

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I would totally get them, just not in pink. And I think It'd go with the date instead of bride, and Mrs. Christmas would be too long!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Now look what you've done! I want to get my boys some of them! They'd look awesome with their mini suits!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

My iPad won't let me look at the site properly boo :-( will have a look later when I can be arsed to switch on the laptop. Love your fg dress, the ones my fgs have chosen are almost exactly the same. I think they'll be wearing ballet pumps with them, their mums seem to think I want them in ivory, I was like 'hell no, get them whatever colour they want!'

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wouldn't get pink! I am girly, but I just don't wear pink. I quite like white, bright blue or bright yellow ones and I think I will get Mrs Oz and H2B will have Mr Oz, or just Oz (because ALL his man friends call him Oz and it really winds his mum up) like this:

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My iPhone won't either. I think it's because the site uses adobe flash and Apple don't have flash?

I'm with you on letting the FGs choose their own shoes, sometimes kids look lovely when they don't match perfectly. I let mine chose her hairband. She said she wanted hair clips instead. That was fine with me. She even chose an ivory butterly clip, I thought we would end up with a hot-pink Barbie creation.

I'll take her shoe shopping nearer the time too (her feet seem to grow at the rate of knotts), she can pick a colour then too. Chances are she'll run around barefoot most of the day anyway.

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

Want, want, want! Which site are you all looking at?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.converse.com/uk

This one. But once I click on a pair to start designing it says 'you need to install Flash.' And my PC is on a network and don't have the clearance to install Flash. Booooooooooooooo.

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The Flash isn't working for me anyway. I click on "view all customisable shoes" and it does nothing. Probably for the best, I guess... ?

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

OOoooooooooh these are so cool! I've actually bought H2B some personalised Adidas shell toes - in purple to match the wedding and with the date embroidered on the side. He loves adidas trainers, and I think they'll look fab in a couple pictures

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooooh i love these..where did you get them?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

The site isn't working for me either and I have flash on my pc... I think we crashed it!!

I want some of these but can't decide what colour!!!

Or I could ask for them for our 2nd Anniversary which is cotton?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think it's a very plausible reason to request a pair!

• BertB
    Beginner July 2013
    BertB ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE them! I may have to purchase a pair for the reception ? I just got a grey pair of high tops and they are sooo comfy.

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

Well someone tell me when they get it to work and I'll give it a go! :-)

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

When you go to the Converse site, if you ask to be taken to the USA site you can have a play a customising (the UK isn't playing ball). I know it's useless to order from, but fun to have a go!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

My yellow pair!

http://www.converse.com/#/products/shoes/converseone/builder/chuTaySliOxCan1101,,,336989649

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sophiaamay ·
    • Hide content

What is the website for these? I would love to get a pair... in fact I was looking at converse today for the evening but plain ones and custom ones would be amazing Smiley smile

I also think custom converse with a flower girl dress would look really lovely and very cute.

Sophie

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sophiaamay ·
    • Hide content

I have just seen it is the converse site... duh!

xx

• S
    Beginner July 2013
    swcbride ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a great idea. At a friend's wedding a couple of years ago, one of the brides wore converse trainers with 'I love Amy' on the side, big and bold. They were fantastic and a real talking point!

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm so I'll have to keep playing, but some neutral for me and boyish for The Boy.

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got them from www.miadidas.com really excited by them

• L
    Beginner April 2013
    laura9889 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

There is an app you can use so you can use flash on your iPad I believe it is called cloud browser or something you can YouTube it I did it too mine and I was brilliant! I want the toms in ivory for my wedding day I look like bambi when I walk in heels not a good luck and toms are sooo comfortable!

• T
    Beginner August 2012
    Toms Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love these ones!! May have to get some for myself!! I ALWAYS wear my converse, so would be cool to wear them to dance the night away

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    Mrswebb2b ·
    • Hide content

I wear converse, would love to get some like this for the night but dont think we have the budget Smiley sad plus its olny a couple on weeks since i got a new pair wish id waited!

I found this site the other day, i wanted some for my little boy as he is going to wear converse instead of shoes as he wears converse alot so i feel shoes would be a waste. he is going to look so cute in his little suit and converse! But gutted because they dont do his size he is only 2 years old at the time of the wedding.

• Tracey86
    Beginner October 2012
    Tracey86 ·
    • Hide content

Both H2B and I love our converse for weekend wear and we came accross these custom ones last year, still undecided though, as much as I would love a purple pair for the evening!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Ha! First trip back to wp in ages abd this is the post I see! I love converse. Mrmini wore customized converse on our wedding day. They looked awesomesauce. I would flash but am on my phone. Have a search for my wedding report n it will be on there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics