Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Custom made wedding rings

monkeynutter, 18 January, 2013 at 22:40 Posted on Planning 0 14

Does anybody have an idea of what sort of price we would be looking at. I know it obviously depends on what we want but both me and h2b would like custom made white gold relatively plain rings if possible within or £500 budget... Do you think this is possible?

14 replies

Latest activity by Flukey35, 21 January, 2013 at 13:28
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I think that would be possible. Mine is white gold with diamonds and has been cut out so my e ring slots into it and that was £320.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Like a lot of Hitchers, I highly recommend Alba Rose. They're Essex based but do online/mail order.

We got 1 custom made platinum band (to match my ER) and 4mm palladium band for OH for just under £400.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Where are you?

There are lots of shops at The Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham.

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

We're having our rings made, the gold is coming from a ring that was my Dad's and it's costing £150 or less for 2 rings to be made and rhodium plated.

• S
    Beginner September 2013
    Snc12 ·
    • Hide content

Mine is being custom made to fit my ER. I am paying £250 for a 9ct white gold shaped band from a local independent jeweller. Have you tried local jewellers?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Smooch made mine to fit around my ER, it would have been within £400-500 but I added 2 diamonds so it was more like £600

• A
    Anastasia ·
    • Hide content

Ours were custom made 9 years ago and mine was a shaped 18ct gold one for £120 and hubby's plain 18ct gold for £60. obviously gold has gone up quite a bit since then but if you just want plain rings you should be fine. I had my eternity ring made recently. 18ct yellow gold, shaped to go round my engagement ring and set with 9 diamonds for £500 and obviously the diamonds and the shaping will have added greatly to the cost. look for a local goldsmith, high street jewellers charge an enormous amount more

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Definitely possible! There were two places in Nottingham where I used to live, Excel Jewellery who made really nice engagement rings and bands, and Carolyn Codd who I haven't ever ordered from but the designs in her shop were quite nice.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Yes totally doable. We got my platinum WR with 5 diamonds made which was shaped as well for just over £500

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Smithywannabe ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

my friend & her hubby actually went & made there rings themselves took them pretty much all day. They could choose type of gold & obviously shape etc but they liked the fact that they made each others rings themselves & I'm fairly sure it was only about £200 for both. Xx

• kitty83
    Beginner March 2014
    kitty83 ·
    • Hide content

Yep, definitely possible! I'm having an 18ct rose gold band made to fit around my engagement ring by an independent jeweller, total cost £120 Smiley smile

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

I've discovered I will need to get my ring custom made as I can't find one to fit with my ER.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced independent jewellers in the South Yorkshire area that would be able to help ??

Thanks

L x

• R
    Beginner April 2013
    roo2605 ·
    • Hide content

Alba Rose Smiley smile - i did this through the post - super fast & awesome

Mine is custom to fit my engagement ring. 9ct white gold, plain, £200 Smiley smile

• Flukey35
    Beginner July 2013
    Flukey35 ·
    • Hide content

Alba Rose are AWESOME.

Fast, efficient, the designs are perfect and the cost is amazing.

I have a customer made white gold band with 13 diamonds for £407.

x

• Flukey35
    Beginner July 2013
    Flukey35 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry that shold be custom made - not customer - Durrrrh!!!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics