Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Dedicated October 2022 Surrey

Custom wedding ring

Lisa, 10 of April of 2022 at 09:42 Posted on Planning 0 4
Yesterday the template wedding ring came in to fit around my engagement ring. When we sent my engagement ring off for this the jeweller said that I should go for 3mm but the band on my engagement ring is 2mm & I have very short fingers. Now that I've tried them both together I think the band looks too wide & I should go for 2mm. Can I get some opinions please?
Custom wedding ring 1

4 replies

Latest activity by Lisa, 10 of April of 2022 at 21:05
  • K
    Curious September 2022 Greater Manchester
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    I think the wedding band does look a bit too chunky; if it were me I'd go for 2mm ( I have short fingers too!)

Where are you getting your wedding ring from? I've got a slightly shaped engagement ring; I'd not thought about a shaped wedding ring, but it might be a good way fit both rings on my short fingers!
  • L
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The local jeweller I got my engagement ring from (Lewins, Sutton, Surrey) has a workshop that they use. They sent my engagement ring off to them to make a template from & I can ask for tweaks until I'm happy. I did try on a straight band first but they just didn't sit comfortably with the engagement ring. The hardest part was being without my ring for 4 weeks while the template was being made! I think most local independent jewellers will have the contacts to be able to offer this kind of service.

Thank you for confirming what I was thinking, I am going to go for 2mm x
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I agree - I’d got for 2mm too!
  • L
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
    I've always been confident in my choices until wedding planning haha makes me second guess everything

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics