Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Skeptical78
Beginner September 2013

Custom Wedding Trainers

Skeptical78, 11 January, 2013 at 14:25 Posted on Planning 0 4

I want to wear trainers on the day- no question.

However, finding a suitable pair is proving hard work. I don't want them to look too 'weddingy'; I was thinking of going down the usual Converse route (I practically live in them anyway) but I was thinking of customising them myself.

On the website you can customise colours, etc. but nothing too specific. I saw these shoes on Etsy.com:

I like the anchor / seagrass detail and would like to translate this onto a pair of trainers. Converse are just canvas, aren't they? Do you think I could use fabric pens, or even Sharpies? Obviously I'd have a trial run first and pencil the artwork on before doing it with pen!! Has anyone tried this before?

Any suggestions welcome!!

4 replies

Latest activity by AmnesiaCustard, 11 January, 2013 at 15:10
  • mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I know that you can paint on converse trainers because they once held a design your own converse day at the converse flagship store! I've also seen people with hand drawn/graffiti'd converses kicking around. Just look into the technical side of sealing it though, I don't know if they used anything special, but you wouldn't want the blue paint to be running down the aisle!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Exactly!

I love the shoes, but they're far too high and they cost £200+!! Which is just daft.

There is a type of Sharpie pen you can buy which apparently is wash proof, and even dry-cleaner proof...so might be worth an investment!

My dress is probably going to be quite traditional, so the devil will be in the detail. Would like to incorporate some old-skool tattoo artwork on there too. Might rope in a local tattoo artist to 'tattoo' my shoes with Sharpies!

This sorta thing:

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds a FAB idea! x

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

I've just found this website and pinged them an email: https://canvaswarriors.co.uk/Custom_Converse_Chucks.html

They will cost about £100+ but that's better than £200+ and, by the time I've bought all the stuff (shoes, pens, sealant, etc) it will prob come to not far off that anyway...

Will let you know how I get on! ?

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Rod on Hitched does bling on converse. Hers are wonderful. Maybe contact her too?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics