Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Cutlery and crockery

Hayley, 17 of August of 2021 at 07:52 Posted on Planning 0 3
We're having a laid back, festival style, marquee wedding reception. We're having fish and chips and Ice-cream for the wedding breakfast so all sorted there. However, we're having a buffet in the evening. I've looked at hiring plates but am also considering buying eco disposables, such as palm leaf plates and bamboo cutlery. What's everyone's thoughts? Thanks.

3 replies

Latest activity by My Little Panda, 29 of December of 2021 at 15:22
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Are they eco because u can recycle them? They sound great, u just have to make sure that everyone knows to put them in a certain bin otherwise it defeats the object. Which is cheaper? If u hire plates have u got a dishwasher or do u have to do it yourself?
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Louise, I will look in to this more. I believe just biodegradable and compostable. I am hoping to have different bins for recycling etc. If we hire, I think they go back to be washed but I imagine we'd need to hire staff or someone to clear them away. I'm thinking disposable is just going to be easier but I don't want plastic cutlery and paper plates.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, this looks good and definitely worth considering. I guess we'd just need to work out who does the tidying away of crockery and cutlery. Is this something we can ask bridesmaids and best men to help with? We have staff to set up and serve arrival drinks and do bits if tidying, but only until the bar opens I believe as they will then be working behind that. Our fish and chips for wedding breakfast come in boxes and he said he can do wooden cutlery, so would just be for the buffet in the evening.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics