Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner February 2013

Cyprus 2013

mrsnewmansmithtobe, 21 of April of 2012 at 17:41 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

Hi everyone

Got engaged a week before Christmas and decided I was getting married in England, then a few weeks ago I completely changed my mind as the costs were spiralling through the roof and we just can't afford it and a honeymoon. So now we have been looking at Cyprus.

A few people I know know couples who have been and the photos in the brochures look fab.

Although I just can't afford a big wedding and the idea of a little get together on the beach with a BBQ after sounds perfect.

Now is this task of finding a nice place to do that without spending a fortune!

I'm thinking there could be about 20-25 guests, one of which is in a wheelchair so I need good access.

My idea is I book somewhere where we can get married, everyone else books hotels/apartments/villas near us so they have the right holiday for them and their budget.

So next question is..... does anyone have any ideas? Or have already booked somewhere?

Don't fancy the idea of a planner due to the cost but I know some travel agents can help you arrange. Can anyone give suggestions? They would be really appreciated.

Thanks very much!! xx

8 replies

Latest activity by Ampy, 9 of October of 2012 at 08:36
  • Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Hi Cyprus sounds lovely ? i am getting married abroad also, i know you have said you dont want a planner but if you do change your mind as it is a hell of alot of work to do on your own what with all the documents you need to get and the translations and taking them to the town hall in the country to register and planner does make the whole thing alot stressful. i am using a company who specilaise in greek weddings. Ionian weddings, i know a few people who have used them, they are fantastic, if yoyu dont want to use a planner you could just check on their website and look at the possible places for weddings as there are so many offered in cyprus!! Smiley smile i am getting married on Santorini and am having a BBQ at a bar on the beach for my reception. Good luck, hope you find somwhere amazing! xxxx

• AndrewCheal
    AndrewCheal ·
    • Hide content

You can get married at registry offices/town halls in Cyprus too, as well as the hotels. No idea on cost but got to be a cheaper than a hotel. The Yeroskippou town hall (just outside of Paphos) has a beautiful garden with a large awning to keep you and your guests in the shade. from there its a short ride back to Paphos where there are plenty of restaurants that can cater for you.

One of the photographers I know in Paphos has some useful info to get you started, http://www.paphosweddingphotography.com/paphos-weddings/cyprus-wedding-photography/

• V
    Beginner August 2012
    von@garry ·
    • Hide content

Hi, im getting married in protarus, cyprus on 8th august this year , eeekkkk lol , we booked with olympic holidays , they do everything for you , lots of communication etc , getting married at the hotel where we are staying , silver sands , looks and sounds great and just what we want , can be as small or as large as you want , hope this helps , good luck with everything, its all plain sailing , no stress or anything xx?

• T
    Beginner April 2012
    tree123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

Just got married on a private beach in Paphos, our wedding planner was Igor of I Do weddings, he was awesome and if you have a set budget he will stick to it and save you money where he can.

We took 31 guests between the age of 2 and 65 and we all stayed at the Ascos Coral Beach hotel and we had a fantastic two weeks it felt like we had a two week wedding party and our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended and are all coming back for our first year anniversary !!. If you want any further details or to see pictures please let me know.

We had a wonderful wedding day and have memories we will never forget.

Theresa

• H
    hanyu1966 ·
    • Hide content

We will always support you and wish you good luck.

• K
    Beginner April 2013
    kez241983 ·
    • Hide content

Theresa,

I am also staying at ascos coral beach in April 2013, we are getting married at Peyia Town Hall. Would you please be able to send me some pictures to *********.*****@***.***.

Would you recommend the reception at the hotel? Was it a reasonable price?

Kerry x

• T
    Beginner April 2012
    tree123 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kerry

I will send you some pictures, we were having our wedding reception at the hotel but was not impressed with the venues that they offered us and they were very expensive you can do a lot better and get more for your money in the local restaurants. The management at the hotel are very unhelpful but the staff and Paul the entertainments guy is brilliant. We took 31 guests who all stayed at the Ascos and had a great time.

Who have you booked your wedding through???

Theresa

x

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    JamesD ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kerry,

We just got back from Cyprus where we got married in the secret gardens at Peyia town hall, after the civil ceremony we then had a religious ceremony in the church opposite, We had 100 guests to our wedding and stayed in the St George Hotel, also had the reception there in their Sunset Restaurant which is outside in the open air. Most of our guests either stayed in the same hotel as us or in the hotels either side so they were within walking distance.

The florist who did our flowers was from enchanted flowers and I cannot praise her enough for what she did. she wasn't just a florist she was also there to give my wife advice and her help was invaluable.

We also had an absolutely amazing photographer his name is Alex Butchart and his website is imagescyprus.com.

I can send you some of our pictures if youd like to get an idea of the quality of both of these suppliers.

I agree with Theresa, that there are plenty of venues for a reception dinner and either of these guys can point you in the right direction as they have seen many a venue in their time.

We actually chose a reception venue at our hotel as we wanted to be within staggering distance of our room when we were done.

Have you already booked your hotel?

James

• Ampy
    Beginner October 2013
    Ampy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics