Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner January 2019

Cyprus / Italy - do it yourself or hire help?

Ash189T, 13 of January of 2018 at 14:47 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

Hi all,

This is my first message on here. We have been engaged 2 years in May we are looking to go abroad with Cyprus or Italy.

I have found the Alexander the Great beach hotel in Cyprus so currently looking into that ... we are still looking for somewhere in Italy?

Has anyone been to the hotel above in Cyprus? If so what did you think?

Also if your booking your wedding abroad have you done his yourselves or have you gone through a travel agent/ perfect weddings abroad.co.uk?

Has anyone started or used perfect wedding before what were they like? I'm gradually getting infor from what I read online if I had any experiences from any of you that would be truly helpful.

Ashten xx

3 replies

Latest activity by SorrentoBride, 7 of April of 2019 at 18:01
  • E
    Beginner October 2018
    ExpensiveOrangeCars53534 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ashten Smiley smile

We’ve just booked our Alexander the Great wedding today!

We went through an independent travel counsellor called Caroline Linton. She’s been wonderful and booked our hotel stay and wedding separate so we get a good price. The wedding bits she’s done through planet holidays .co. uk. They seem to know their stuff.

I attempted to look at Italy but for some reason it all looked more complicated to me.

Good luck Smiley smile x

• R
    Beginner October 2018
    RomanticRedStationery25941 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married on Lake Garda and we are using a wedding planner Best Wedding Italy.

I never thought I would as I love to plan and organise but it really does make things so much easier and probably does save you money in the long run.

• H
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyPinkDecor13089 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your wedding!

I don't know much about getting married in Cyprus, but am currently working with a wedding planner to organise our wedding in Italy in September.

It's going to be in a castle and I don't think I could have done it without her as all the paperwork is in Italian and no one speaks English. I guess that's to be expected but I think I would have really struggled to have done it on my own with google translator

I would say make trip to both and see which country has the feel you want. If you are looking for a coastal wedding on the east coast my planner Dominique has been great from www.designmyitalianwedding.com

Good luck!

• S
    Beginner May 2019
    SorrentoBride ·
    • Hide content

We are marrying in Italy in just over 5 weeks time! We booked through our local TUI travel shop, they sorted out the hotel and wedding date (at fairly short notice, only booked in November 2018) and once the date/time was confirmed, we were given the details for the Italian wedding planners, GTO Weddings, part of Giglio Travel in Italy. TUI Weddings in the UK helped us to ensure all our legal paperwork was correct before sending it by courier to Italy. Please be aware that you need quite a lot of paperwork well ahead of the wedding date, some needs notarising in the UK , and then legalising by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

Our ceremony will be in the Cloisters of San Francesco in Sorrento, and we are staying at the Sensimar Atlantic Palace. We are travelling alone, so no reception, however the wedding planners have arranged for us to have lunch at a particular restaurant after the ceremony. We have booked witnesses, music for the ceremony, photographer, flowers, wedding car through the wedding planners. I had my first dress fitting yesterday and have now booked my nail appointment for the day before we fly, so we're down to the final bits and pieces to organise and it won't be long before we go!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics