Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

grovke
Beginner February 2011

Cyprus, Paphos Wedding but which Hotel????

grovke, 13 of November of 2009 at 08:13 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 8

We have decided to get married in Paphos but cannot decide on the hotel - Can anyone recommend ?? I think around 15 - 20 people attending. I have a 1year old and a 2 year old so I'm looking for posh hotel that cater for families. I really like the look of the chapel attached to the Elysium hotel but not sure if hotel is OK with kids etc. I looking at all options really doint mind, chapel, beech or town hall. Getting lots of ideas of Cyprus dream wedding .com. Can anyone recommend anything??

Thanks Kelly xxxxx

8 replies

Latest activity by lushgirlxx, 23 of January of 2010 at 02:36
  • mummy2hannah
    Beginner August 2011
    mummy2hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

As much and all as I love this website, the weddings abroad section is rubbish!!!! Try going to you https://www.hitched.co.uk the wedding abroad section is HUGE and lots more advice than we can give!!

As for your other post to me - you'll see on that site loads of bad reviews about thomas cook/first choice etc! I was just going to do it on my own! xxx

• jessica.rabbit
    Beginner August 2007
    jessica.rabbit ·
    • Hide content

We got married in Paphos in 2002. We stayed at the Avanti Hotel, had our wedding at Ayia Kyriaki Church and then had the wedding breakfast at at restaurant called Gabor- the food was fantastic you must try that place even if you just have a meal there whlst you're in Paphos (I hope it hasn't changed since 2002). The Avanti was a lovely, friendly hotel (4 star), but it depends on how posh you want to go. The Annabelle and Paphos Amathus beach Hotel are both gorgeous hotels too. If you want to ask any more questions please, feel free to email me through my profile.

Jessica x

• A
    Beginner August 2010
    ARL ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We're getting married on 25th August 2010 in Cyprus at the Ibrostar Ledra Beach Hotel in Paphos. Its an all inclusive 4* hotel and quite reasonably priced. We poured through brochures for months looking for a venue and found that the reviews on this hotel were fab. Lots have people have said to us that Europe is getting very expensive now and we went for all inclusive so costs wouldn't keep spiraling for our guests. We've got 25 people coming out with us, including young children.

Alternatively check out Zucchini weddings in paphos. Its a weding venue which also offers a reception afterwards. The pictures on their website look amazing, especially the wedding gazebo.

Good luck xx

• mrs martinigirl
    Beginner May 2007
    mrs martinigirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We got married at Athena beach - outdoors facing the sea, I believe they have changed the location now to be closer to the sea. Family friendly and a gorgeous hotel.

Gemma

• N
    Beginner September 2010
    Nicky17 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Georges down at the beach bar was always happy and smilling. He treated us so well, we felt like friends more than clients. The only thing we could complain about would be the watersports people, but my understanding is that they are not part of the hotel, and that they rent the space. Everyone else was great. Additionally, there is a small domed museum 5 minutes walk from the hotel. It is on the land that outcrops from the main part of the island. You can see the dome of the museum from the beach and it only costs 0.75 to get in. This museum is another example of the undeveloped local archaeology that abounds in Cyprus. good beach, nice pool area. The hotel was very clean and all the staff were polite and very helpful. We were on half board, but we ended up eating in the buffet more than the a la carte because the quality of the buffet was great.

• N
    Beginner September 2010
    Nicky17 ·
    • Hide content

Hello Georges down at the beach bar was always happy and smilling. He treated us so well, we felt like friends more than clients. The only thing we could complain about would be the watersports people, but my understanding is that they are not part of the hotel, and that they rent the space. Everyone else was great. Additionally, there is a small domed museum 5 minutes walk from the hotel. It is on the land that outcrops from the main part of the island. You can see the dome of the museum from the beach and it only costs 0.75 to get in. This museum is another example of the undeveloped local archaeology that abounds in Cyprus. good beach, nice pool area. The hotel was very clean and all the staff were polite and very helpful. We were on half board, but we ended up eating in the buffet more than the a la carte because the quality of the buffet was great.

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I can thoroughly reccomend St George hotel, Thomson PLatnium. Its very grand modern hotel with the most georgeous tiny chapel in the grounds! I stayed there for a week a couple of years ago and it was lovely!!!!!!!!!

• P
    PaphosK ·
    • Hide content

Have you had a look at the Coral Beach Hotel in Coral Bay? They have excellent facilities for families and do great weddings. They have an amphitheatre where you can get married and a variety of venues for your reception. They have their own beach and are only a short distance from probably the best beach in the Paphos area. They are currently closed for refurbishment but I hear the plans for new facilities look great!

Jackie

• L
    Beginner September 2010
    lushgirlxx ·
    • Hide content

Hi kelly

I am getting married in coral bay beach hotel in coral bay (cyprus) on 8th sep, its a very posh hotel which caters for everyone and does small to large weddings, there is only going to be 17 of us going and there are a few children the youngest being 2. we booked through thomson and they had been great and helped us with lots your given a wedding planner whom you can email about anything. i would def recommend this hotel as so far they've been fab. plus its right on the beach and the surrounds are stunning.

hope this has helped

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics