Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A

Cyprus Wedding

annstar, 6 of December of 2010 at 16:58 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 11

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so a big hello from the South. My best friend is getting married in Cyprus next year and i am helping her plan the whole event! Is anyone else getting married their too?

11 replies

Latest activity by married mum, 18 of January of 2011 at 18:31
  • M
    Beginner
    milly312 ·
    • Hide content

I'll Have What Bridget Marquardt Having: Cathedral train Satin wedding dress and 2011 Wedding Dresses In SpainYou Should Take Notice of 9 Points of taffeta bridesmaid dresses How to Look Great With Right demetrios bridal gowns in for This Season.Gifts of Discount Mother of Bride Gowns on the CheapWhat's In now? Christmas Dresses for Girls Are DeliveredHey!! It Is General for You to Choose Outstanding Bridal Gown Preservation Service and Strapless Knee-length Evening Dress Also Turn into the Luxurious that are Affordable by Common People.Make an Outline of Most Predominant 2011 New Wedding Dresses for Fianceé Several Requisite Trend Bible for You to Upkeep Attractive 2011 New Style Wedding Dresses Pick Most Eye-Catching demetrios bridal gown for Yourself!

• Debbie Graham Jewellery
    Debbie Graham Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Hi Annstar,

Welcome to Hitched, what a lovely friend you are helping her plan her wedding!!

I am already married but have been to Cyprus MANY times (I was over there in October last) Where in Cyprus is she getting married & what month?

I LOVE Cyprus & if any of you have room in your suitcase for me, just give me a shout..lol

Debbie

x

• A
    Alice Brown ·
    • Hide content

I feel very glad to answer your question, i think about the planing of wedding should be depended on your friends' peference and the scale of the wedding, but if he need wedding dress or veil, i know one good site, hope you can find your favorite dress.

http://www.merbridal.com/

• D
    Beginner June 2011
    Dinka ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, Im new to the forum too (recommended by my friend)! and yes I am getting married in Cyprus next June and very excited.

How are your friends plans going?

• A
    annstar ·
    • Hide content

Hi Debbie and Dinka,

She is getting married in Paphos in August. I'm so excited! I am not married so living my marriage dreams through her one could say :p. I can't wait to go over to Cyprus, i think we may go early next year to have a nose around and sort out some arrangements.

• D
    Beginner June 2011
    Dinka ·
    • Hide content

Hi Annastar,

Thats brilliant, you/she will love it and the perfect excuse to go on a holiday before hand LOL. Be warned tho August is extremely hot. Ive been going for 8 years now and that's one of the hottest month, so there's no question it will be a sunny day! which is what every B2B wants Smiley smile

Im actually not getting married until 6pm because of the heat.

Let us know how you get on or if you need any recommendations. This is where we are getting wed. http://www.exclusiveyachtweddings.com

Oh and if your friend needs any invitations, check out my website: www.invitingyou-invitations.co.cc

Dinka

• H
    Beginner July 2012
    happygirl88 ·
    • Hide content

Hey folks,

Good luck with all your plans, hope you have a fantastic time!

Dinka - the yacht looks amazing! Wow!

We're trying to decide on a resort in Cyrpus as we want to get married there in 2012. I'm scared to take the plunge and book somewhere without seeing it! Any suggestions?

J xx

• D
    Beginner June 2011
    Dinka ·
    • Hide content

Hiya J,

Well that sounds to me like the perfect excuse to take a trip over there :o). I only know the Paphos area, so not sure what the other side is like.

I dont think I could book anywhere without seeing it so get out there! Good luck with whatever you go for, and keep us informed.

Dinka x

• MissW
    Beginner September 2011
    MissW ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in Cyprus in September 2011 in Limassol.

We're getting married at 4pm and not earlier because of the heat, but still warm/hot enough to have fun in the sun!

Plans are going very well and its all very exciting!

• G
    Beginner May 2011
    giddys2B ·
    • Hide content

Hello - Im completely new too - and Ive just posted a cyprus post lol

I too am a Cyprus Bride - May 12th 2011 in Protaras

Cant wait - counting down the weeks now

I have booked my whole wedding through - www.mycypruswed.com I had initally booked it through Thomas Cook but cancelled this as the wedding company could offer me much much more.

• A
    annstar ·
    • Hide content

Yes i think my friend is going to get married later in the afternoon too to miss the hot sun! Paphos is a lovely area - not sure about anywhere else as i havent personally been.

That yacht looks amazing - how exciting! My friend is considering a beach wedding - but then she is considering everything, she won't stop popping up with ideas haha! Think we may go to paphos in Feb or March to have a look - depends on if we can get some good flight deals.

• M
    married mum ·
    • Hide content

Hi All! New to the forum too, but I live here in Cyprus!! Been here for 15 years now and am married, got married over here, had the big fat Greek wedding lol!

I live on the east coast of the island which is where Protaras and Ayia Napa is, and my help I can give you...is that I used to be a wedding rep for a tour company!

Weddings are lovely out here, but yes it is best to choose a later time as the last thing you need to do is being having a melt down in the heat, especially if it's the months between June and end August! Many a time did I have weddings at 12 noon in the height of summer and the temp was unbelievable! So do choose your time. Here in Cyprus you can get married in the local municipality of the area you are staying in. There are also various hotels on the island that have their own chapels that you can wed in and they offer you the whole catering package too...these can be quite expensive. And there is the local churches and chapels. If you are wanting to be married by a Priest then you need to contact one over here to see what documents you need to bring with you prior to your visit. Florists are in an abundance and what they have to offer is fabulous! Love my florist, he was the best for me! Loads of photographers around, but you need to book them early as with all the weddings they have for foreign as well as Greek weddings and baptisms, they get snowed under! If you're in need of transportation, most people pre book taxis as they're all Mercedes! and the drivers decorate their car for you for the journey! There are also limos available, prices vary!

Hope it's been of a little help! Any more info wanted just let me know, we also have dress shops around in case anyone gets cut short!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics