Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner September 2014

Cyprus Wedding - Any Advice?

victoria86101, 7 of August of 2013 at 16:16 Posted on Planning 0 3

We are looking at getting married in Cyprus next September at Alexander the Great hotel.

Does anyone have any advice on weddings abroad......because the travel agency seems to organise it all - its seems like theres not much to do apart from organise the party back here!

3 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 12 of August of 2013 at 14:10
  • T
    Beginner August 2014
    Trapsy ·
    • Hide content

Hi! We have also booked to get married at the Alexander the Great in Paphos. In fact, we get married a year today! ?

We have booked everything direct with the wedding planner at the hotel. She is sorting out the ceremony and reception. She sent us a wedding info package, so we picked menus etc. I have booked my photographer direct (Paul Jones), and I am in the process of sorting out flowers and hair and make up. They have a bridal package at the hotel for hair and make up (with trials) for about 130 euro, so may opt for this. There is a fab group on FB called Cyprus brides to be chat room, and there is LOADS of advice, tips, pics etc on there.

Enjoy the planning! x x x

• V
    Beginner September 2014
    victoria86101 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We have booked through Thomas Cook but seems very frustrating as we have to wait to see if the hotel has a wedding day free which takes up to 8 weeks.....I have been in contact direct to the hotel and they have already said they only have one date free in our holiday time so I am guessing this will probably go very quickly. I think we then have to start the whole process again if we don't get a date.

Did this happen to you? How far in advance did you book yours?

Thank you!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I am shooting a few destination weddings and I know one thing that goes down well is providing fans on the ceremony chairs for your guests to use. You can get some very pretty paper ones.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics