Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner May 2015

cyprus wedding...who to book with?

pinkfairy1, 5 of January of 2014 at 12:43 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 11

Hi

ww are wanting to book a 2015 wedding in cyprus but weary of who to book through, has any of you got married out there or have booked it? any companies to avoid? because holiday prices arent relwases for another few months im terrified of putting the wedding deposit down only for holiday prices to be horrendous? any advice appreciated x

11 replies

Latest activity by MrsG2B15, 31 of March of 2014 at 20:26
  • N
    Beginner June 2015
    Ninjakatt ·
    • Hide content

I can't help as am in the exact same situation... Thomson etc haven't released prices yet so can't make any enquiries, ad also wondering about using a wedding planner but so nerve wracking putting your trust in someone you don't know! Also looking at Cyprus in May 2015! So I will wait and see if any one responds to this!!

• P
    Beginner May 2015
    pinkfairy1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi. Ninjakatt

How exciting, we can help eachother with advice!

No where will have flights etc released to may this year which is crap as I want to no everything now lol but iv been in touch with perfect weddings abroad site and their quotes seem really good look them up. Hotels are amazing! X

• loobyloo200santo
    Beginner May 2015
    loobyloo200santo ·
    • Hide content

Hi

We are also in the same boat!! We are thinking of Santorini in May 2015 but worried about prices especially as we will be paying for our immediate families to go out there too.

I've spoken to Thomas Cook who have provided me with 2014 prices so as a rough guide I'm aiming to budget an extra 10% but my other concern is that they say they cannot guarantee the chosen wedding date until 6-8 weeks after booking, so if we pay for everyone then find out we can only have a date which falls in May school holidays we risk spending a heck of a lot more or losing a lot of money.

It seems so vague for something so important x

• N
    Beginner June 2015
    Ninjakatt ·
    • Hide content

I was really surprised they don't already have the dates/prices etc...afterall in wedding terms May 2015 is not that far ahead! It's not like we're saying a 2020 wedding!!

I've been looking at http://allbridesonboard.com/ as well as Perfect weddings abroad site - but until I can compare them with the Thomson prices/packages it's difficult to make decisions!

And don't you find it's hard to start planning anything else without a date/venue set in your head!! Or that might just be me.... Smiley winking

• loobyloo200santo
    Beginner May 2015
    loobyloo200santo ·
    • Hide content

Same here! I'd have expected that all prices for within 2 years would be available...I believe Thomas Cook prices are out in April but I'm already finding myself looking at venues in the UK most likely so it feels like I'm at least doing something! I totally agree that you feel you can't plan anything until the main part is booked (Or at least confirmed as affordable)

Ah that website looks lovely! Have you got a venue in mind there yet?

• N
    Beginner June 2015
    Ninjakatt ·
    • Hide content

We've decided on Elias Beach Hotel in Limassol - I love the look of the beautiful pier they have for the ceremony!

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsBurton2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

we were orginally going to have a cyprus wedding but decided against it because of this and also because we wanted our families there and alot had said they wouldnt be able to come abroad. I have heard good things about Thomson Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner June 2014
    Meganjp86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we are getting married in Paphos in June. We haven't gone through a travel agent but have used a company in Cyprus called Cyprus Wedding Paphos. We have booked flights separately with Jet2. There are approximately 40 people coming with us and it's been so easy as they have all sorted their own flights/accommodation and have just been told to meet at a certain place to get a wedding bus to the venue.The wedding planner is amazing. She replies very quickly and has sorted everything out. We had a range of venues to choose from but have gone for a ceremony at Peiya town hall which is outdoor. We are having the reception at the villa we are staying at. I honestly can't recommend Mandy.(the wedding planner) enough! We went over to Cyprus last week to meet with her and look at the town hall. She also sorted out a viewing of the villa whilst we were there. She has completely put my mind at ease. It also helps because she is English. Since meeting her I'm in a wedding bubble! Hope this helps x

• B
    Beginner July 2015
    Blake2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We were originally looking at Cyprus for our wedding but we heard so many negative reports from people booking through big tour operators that we had pretty much decided to have it in the UK. Then last year we went to a friends wedding in the Northern half of the island and is was the most intimate and personally wedding we have ever been to. I knew straight away that it was what I wanted.

We are now getting married next July at the beautiful Bellapais Abbey and we are using the same planner my friend used - Vashti at www.north-cyprusweddings.com

I hope this helps and I hope you get the wedding you dream of whatever you decide.

Tash x

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

Not much help really - but we've booked with Thomson for our wedding this year and I can't fault them for their helpfulness and customer service. They've made the whole thing so easy for us.

• lozzabell
    Beginner June 2014
    lozzabell ·
    • Hide content

Hiya ive booked my wedding in cyprus through thomsons but since found an amazing group on facebook called cyprus brides to be ... Ive since booked everything seperatly rather than through thomsons as it works out miles cheaper Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsG2B15 ·
    • Hide content

My cousin got married at

Destinations » Cyprus » Paphos Region » Paphos » Hotel Louis Phaethon Beach Club

Hotel Louis Phaethon Beach Club
    Was a beautiful hotel and lovely location. The food was fantastic. The only thing is you walk last all the guests sunbathing to get to the ceremony which is quite nice as they clap etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics