Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BrideCummins14
Beginner April 2014

Dad and Daughter Dance!

BrideCummins14, 12 of August of 2013 at 12:47 Posted on Planning 0 19

Are you having a father of the birde / bride dance? If so what song have you chosen? I am struggling....we have lots of songs that remind us of each other but then when you listen to the words it just doesn't fit right.

19 replies

Latest activity by Feb2014Bride , 13 of August of 2013 at 15:37
  • Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

I can’t decide if i want to do a dad/daughter dance? I mean i want to dance with my dad but not sure if i want to clear the dance floor and just have us dancing to one song.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We didn't have an official piece of music or announce a "father-daughter dance," just danced together for a bit.

• minimorecambe
    Beginner August 2013
    minimorecambe ·
    • Hide content

We are having Heartland - I loved her first.

Was very mad when I heard it on Big Fat Gypsy Wedding as I have wanted it for years ☹️

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is what i planned to have too, i told my FSIL about the song and how much i loved it when having a wedding planning chat one day way before our weddings ... well she got married first and chose to have that song, i was shocked to say the least .... well maybe not as shocked as when i saw the cake, the same cake i had showed her pictures of an said we were having, she commented how lovely it was too. Got to laugh i suppose.

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

There is a list of Father/Daughter dance song ideas on hitched to inspire you...

/wedding-songs/father-daughter-dance

Thanks,

Fran

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know what you mean. I personally don't like daddy / daughter dances- find them a bit weird and creepy to be honest, but that's just my opinion! I know a lot of people think they are sweet.

Will probably just have a good old mosh around on the dancefloor with me old pa to a bit of Rage Against the Machine or a singalong to 'Africa' by Toto (which has somehow become our family's unofficial theme tune...!)

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same. I'm not that keen on them, despite being very close to my Dad.

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    clareio ·
    • Hide content

We're not having one as such but I will be ensuring that Val Doonicans version of Wind Beneath My Wings is on the playlist and making sure I dance to it with my dad.

Just nothing official or announced.

The song makes me cry and sums up our relationship plus Val Doonican is a joint guilty pleasure of ours Smiley winking

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not even sure if I can remember there being an "official" one at any of the weddings I've been to either. ? Tbh it's one of those bits that I didn't realise was "a thing" until I found Hitched.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've never seen one.

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

I kinda think they're a bit forced as well - am going to just stick on spacecowboy at spme point in the night and make sure I drag dad to the dancefloor for a boogie...rather than make a big scene - thanks ladies

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I might just dance with my dad for a bit furing the 2nd or 3rd dance or something,
    definitely not having an announcement or song just for us and a cleared dance floor haha. Not really any of our styles.

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

I've always thought I'd like to dance with my dad to My Girl by the Temptations. I was obsessed with the film when I was little and I think it's suited to father/daughter and a father talking about his little girl. Haven't raised it with my dad or OH yet it's just one of those things I've often thought I'd do. My dad will probably cry at the mere suggestion! ❤️

As a few others have said, I wouldn't want this to be an official announced dance or anything, I'd just make sure it was on the playlist and grab my dad!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Wow that is ... different. At my FSILs wedding they had the first dance, once that ended the DJ then asked everyone to leave the dance floor as the bride and her father were about to dance, so everyone stood round watching, it didnt feel natural and i think my dad would feel super awkward and probably just cry the whole time too ha.

I'll just grab my dad for a dance when a nice song comes on.

• suzysimpson
    Beginner August 2013
    suzysimpson ·
    • Hide content

I've never actually been to a wedding with a father daughter dance. I love my dad, but we're so not doing this We're not even having a bride-groom first dance! None of us are big dancers... Why do something you wouldn't do normally?

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

I never heard of this but saw one at a wedding last week and it looked rather fun!

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

No offence meant, but I find the idea of a father daughter dance creepy enough as it is, let alone to a song called "I loved her first" ? But maybe I'm just cold, lol.

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

I'm not getting married however my dad / daughter dance will be to the theme tune of the Beverley Hill Billies. We always sing this to each other so it's a must! :-)

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha ha this really made me laugh. But trust me the song isnt as creepy as the title ha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics