Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lady_lyla
Beginner September 2013

Daffodils in September

lady_lyla, 1 March, 2012 at 12:52 Posted on Planning 0 6

I'm not very up on flowers, but wondered if there was any way of getting daffodils in September?!

Are there any other flowers that are in season this time of year that are easily available but look as simple in clear glass vases?

6 replies

Latest activity by CraftyBride, 2 March, 2012 at 08:05
  • V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Check out this website, it'll tell you what's in season for September. I think daffodils are a definite no, unless they were imported in but that would make them silly expensive for such a simple flower

/flowers/flowers-by-month/september

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Daffodils are a definite no no, unless you go artificial. ☹️

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Not sure quite what you mean by simple, but there's always gerberas, or large daisies?

There's alot of dofferent types of chrysanthamums which would work well as just a few flowers, or dahlias?

Sunflowers?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A single white rose would be both simple and elegant.

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is our venue, and we're looking to go for a vintagey feel so not sure what flowers would look good? We just want something simple and nothing as high as the last photo as we want our guests to be able to see over them when they sit down... we're also on a v tight budget!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I don't know about flowers and seasons but I think daffodils would be a lovely flower to have in a wedding. Simple and summery. It'd be very pretty!

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    CraftyBride ·
    • Hide content

Hi Lady,

You definately won't get daffodils in September. The rpsing flowers don't start coming back at flower wholesalers until October, so this would be out. The other thing is at that time of the year they are small, expensive and the quality is pretty poor as they have been forced to grow. September is an odd seaon to help with and normally you are more stuck with the year round flowers like roses, chrysanthemum, gerbera, carnations freesia etc. If you have a colour scheme in mind I can help you work out some options on what would be possible at that time of the year (I used to be a florist). Your other option would be to do something like this

which look very realistic, vintage style and also quite cheap compared to flowers.

If you need any advice though,please just ask, I am happy to help.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics