Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsLtobe
Beginner April 2012

Daisy themed wedding

MrsLtobe, 13 November, 2010 at 10:15 Posted on Planning 0 18

So the theme for our wedding is daisies, for two reasons. The first is it's my favourite flower of all time (and fiancee gave me some on our first date) and becuase we want to call our daughter Daisy if we have one :-)

I want to keep it simple so only using the white and yellow daisies so the colours will be yellow, white and some green. So far I have these ideas:

- A white 3 tiered cake with daisies trailing down

- Daisy headband/small daisies placed throughout my hair

- Groom/my dad to have yellow waistcoat and all men to have daisy buttonholes

- Daisy bouquet, lots of flowers at ceremony

- At reception: yellow tableclothes, large daisy centrepiece, white chair covers with yellow sashes

- Daisy invitations

Any other ideas? Not having favours or placecards...

18 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 14 November, 2010 at 05:37
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Just one point about the flowers, they will either have to be artificial daisies or chrysanths which look like daisies because daisies are wild flowers and not available commercially and they also die shortly after they are picked. There are lots of varieties of chrysanths which will give you the same 'Look"

• MrsLtobe
    Beginner April 2012
    MrsLtobe ·
    • Hide content

Oooh yeah good point, I was thinking of the big ones, wasn't sure of their names thank you!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Be sure to ask for chrysanths otherwise some florists will just say "It's not possible!" You know the sort, the stroppy ones! Smiley winking

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean Gerberas?

• MrsLtobe
    Beginner April 2012
    MrsLtobe ·
    • Hide content

Yes! Those are the ones!! I really have no idea, do I? ? lol

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

A germini would be a perfect alternative ... just a slightly smaller headed gerbera essentially ...

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You were right as they are part of the Daisy family. In America they call them Daisies but in Europe they are called Gerbera!

• Snow Patroller
    Snow Patroller ·
    • Hide content

I think the overall theme/look you are going for sounds lovely btw ... very fresh and spring like!

You could add a little white/yellow polka dot ribbon here and there? can get some lovely polka satin these days ...

ETA you can also get pale green button crystanths that look really nice with gerberas .... they are quite wee so work well in bouquets and displays alike.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

The ones shown on the yellow wedding cake and the almond favours are the chrysanths that look like daisies. Actually, the photo with the almonds has disappeared now but the cake picture shows them too.

• Made by Lawrie
    Made by Lawrie ·
    • Hide content

How about a Daisy garter? I can do yellow and white for you. 10% off for Hitchers.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Did you make that jules??

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I saw the almonds as well but I don't understand why they disappeared. Wonder if Hitched is under attack by aliens again! That's happened a few times now hasn't it? I'd speak to Hitched (Dean or Fran) and say to them there seems to be a glitch.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

They are still on there in amongst the mood board. Nothing has disappeared on there just been added to as I find things. If anything has disappeared I can look into it for you.

Did you mean a pic that you had posted Brenda?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I really like that & in Yellow & White would be stunning.

• S
    Beginner
    stussylove ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I just simple love the daisy idea, I havent seen this done before either. may I ask have you someone to design your daisy invitations?

if not get in touch - i would love to help.

Kindest regards

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, not one I posted - it was originally in the middle of the mood board you posted and was a perfect picture of the "daisy" looking chrysanth that I was meaning for the original poster but then when you added extra photos of chrysanths to the mood board, it disappeared Smiley sad but the good news is, it's back on again now! The one I mean is the one between the checked yellow and white bridesmaid dress and the white dress - there are two small pix of chrysanths and it's the bottom one of the two used on the almond favours, but it's come on much smaller now. It must have slipped the net after you added the extra ones LOL!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics