Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ashlil
Beginner February 2011

Dance Floor fillers...

ashlil, 30 November, 2010 at 10:45 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi all,

any ideas on Dance floor fillers?

we have an audience mainly 40+ years and then some children too.

Ideas would be gratefully received

12 replies

Latest activity by Sandysounds, 30 November, 2010 at 14:27
  • kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

Loads of 80s electric pop!

you must have ooops upside your head too, We're having all the tacky stuff - superman etc lol, always guaranteed to get people up and geeking off!!!

• J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

Paulo Nutini, Pencil Full of Lead! Bloody love that one, all five of us will go bonkers on the dance floor.

I want loads of mowtown and soul, not so keen on grease mega mix. Got to have Groove Is In The Heart by Dee Light too, that's my all time favourite wedding song.

Grooooooooooove is in the heeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaarttttttttttttttt *dances*

• panda2011
    Beginner September 2011
    panda2011 ·
    • Hide content

I want some hard house & trance at our wedding but for some reason my OH is digging his heels in over this one. I can't think why! ?

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content

Found this on a dj website....

TOP 20 DANCE FLOOR FILLERS

ArtistTitle The Mavericks Dance The Night Away Bee Gees Night Fever Jackson 5 Blame It On The Boogie Frankie Goes To Hollywood Relax Erasure Respect Abba Dancing Queen KC and The Sunshine Band Walking On Sunshine Gloria Gaynor I Will Survive Trammps Disco Inferno Whitney Houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody The O'Jays Love Train Kings Of Leon Sex On Fire Black Eyed Peas I Got A Feeling Queen Don't Stop Me Now The Village People Y.M.C.A Four Seasons December '63 (Oh What A Night) Wham! Wake Me Up Before You Go Go Michael Jackson Billie Jean Kool and The Gang Celebration The Killers Mr Brightside
  • ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys, some great ideas here

sorry - no trance for me..!

but OH is stuck in 70's rock era so going to be interesting to try to compromise.

Love Mr Brightside..!

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep this definitely gets me on the dance floor EVERY TIME!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

VickyJay

Yeah!! I'm more killers, snowpatrol, coldplay and some more recent stuff (40 years old.. erhem)

OH is 45 and into Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, ACDC and Pink Floyd

though some on that list are very ropey..... I mean "the mavericks!"

• Roll on July!
    Beginner July 2011
    Roll on July! ·
    • Hide content

We were thinking of asking, on the RSVP cards, for people to write down the song that would get them up on the dance floor, so we could try and incorporate people's favourite songs into the evening - no excuse for them not to get up and dance then :-)

• Jay-Low
    Beginner
    Jay-Low ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have to say I was surprised to see this at the top of the list! Luckily I don't think I have EVER heard it played at a wedding ?

The last wedding I went to had a really good selection of 'old' and 'new' rock that got everyone up. I remember the Rolling Stones (satisfaction) and Guns and Roses being particularly popular. Don't remember hearing much of the more metal heavy stuff though!

X

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Had to giggle at that playlist.....a couple of years ago it would have been spot on, but trends change. For example, last Christmas 'I gotta feeling' would have no bums on seats (and everyone on the dance floor)....but this year it is just not working so well! Its obvious from the suggestions, that tastes vary. The best option is to find out what your own guests like. I particularly like the idea from 'Roll on July' of asking for requests on RSVP cards. I've seen that done before and it gives the bride opportunity to vet it and the DJ chance to get any that aren't already in his collection.

You've also got to bear in mind that location plays a part too. You'd probably be surprised that two of my most requested songs are 'The Gambler' and 'Sweet Caroline'.

My own personal choice would be 'You're a Superstar' - Love Inc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics