Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xkimx007
Beginner October 2022 South Yorkshire

Dance Lessons

xkimx007, 28 of April of 2022 at 00:02 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

Wondered what everyone's thoughts were on dance lessons before the big day? I don't want to choreograph anything (neither of us are dancers and so however hard we might try I feel like it will still look awkward) but I'm thinking some dance lessons might be nice just to make us feel more confident out there in front of everyone. I think it might also be a fun thing for us to do together leading up to the wedding which we can just enjoy, stress-free.

What do you think? What are you all doing?

Kim x

5 replies

Latest activity by Lucy, 20 of July of 2022 at 12:16
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking about doing something like this for me and my partner, we're both terrible dancers and don't like being centre of attention so thought it might be good to have a bit of a practice beforehand! Not sure if we're just going to practice ourselves though or if we're going to book a teacher! x

• T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    It you decide you want to learn a few moves I recommend looking for a local Ceroc class. It’s very easy to pick up, and there’s basically no footwork (apart from stepping forward and back). There’s loads of YouTube videos of it so you can get an idea of what to expect. Plus, you can dance it to almost any music, which can’t be said of most styles of dancing! I’ve danced for years but my fiancé hasn’t so we’ve been to a few Ceroc classes so he can pick up a few moves before our big day. Enjoy it, whatever you decide to do!
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    My partner and I have the same outlook as you on this and don’t want to do a full on choreographed dance for our first dance but have just started to go to dancing lessons.

I think it’ll just help with our confidence being out on the dance floor together with everyone watching! Plus the lessons have been great fun and it’s a good opportunity to meet other couples too.

We’ve been doing a mixture of ballroom and latin dances but I’d really recommend it! If nothing else it’s just nice to have a joint hobby 🥰🤍
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm currently debating this too as are another couple of our engaged friends! Top tip - don't put a shout out on your local facebook group mentioning it's for your wedding haha. I'm now inundated with people who offer "one on one wedding dance lessons" and could offer these to me for an extortionate fee or even come to my house to teach us! Exactly not what we're after - we wanted something we could go to as a group and have a laugh!

The best I've found so far is a latin dance class - I'm thinking it'll still teach us some basics and rhythm etc and is a dance class for couples that looks quite fun. Haven't tried it yet but will let you know if we do!

• Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    We've had some lessons, as we're both quite shy and introverted. We've enjoyed them and it's given our confidence a boost. We went to a local dance centre for one to one lessons and they don't charge extra for wedding dances.
  • Lucy
    Savvy September 2022 Hampshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    We are not dancers but didn’t want to just rock on the spot so decided just to have one dance lesson which has taught us some steps we can practice until the big day to feel more confident.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics