Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

loopy_lisa 91
Beginner June 2015

Dancefloor Props?

loopy_lisa 91, 12 of March of 2015 at 09:23 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hi everyone,

We can't afford a photobooth but I love the silliness of wigs and hats and giant glasses and the laughs that they give people. Would you find it weird as a guest if there was a box of dancefloor props? Similar stuff to what you'd find in a photobooth- inflatables, wigs, hats etc, but for people to use on the dancefloor? People could take pictures on their mobiles that way, and you get daft costumes and people throwing shapes.

Does it sound weird?

TIA -x-

22 replies

Latest activity by JSuitsVox, 3 of April of 2015 at 23:16
  • MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

No doesn't sound weird at all. A wedding I went to last June had a props box on the dance floor and it worked really well. Especially once everyone was merry lol

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

I think it sounds like a great idea!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

It's always much better having them by the dancefloor IMO.

For a start it stops people actually leaving the dancefloor to have a go on the photo booth as it's all right there. Depending on your crowd, once people are off the dancefloor sometimes it can be hard to get them back!

secondly, it makes for some hilarious dancing photos Smiley laugh

Not weird at all and has been really popular at lots of the weddings we've shot.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

Great idea Smiley smile. I've only got as far as glow sticks for mine.

Based on this idea

I've bought jars from home bargains and ribbon and glow sticks from eBay

Maybe this sign

Sorrrryyyy couldn't resist a flash ? x

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I keep thinking of doing this or a photo booth, I can't decide whether it's worth spending £500 on a booth or just getting a box of props?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Inflatable guitars. H had some at a club night he was DJing once and people LOVED them!

• loopy_lisa 91
    Beginner June 2015
    loopy_lisa 91 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

I was thinking of putting it with a sign that reads 'Dance yourself silly'

It's so much cheaper this way. Inflatable guitars are £2 for 4 at our local supermarket and the partyshop has hats and wigs from 50p in their sale box.

I reckon I could make a whole prop box for around £7. Much cheaper than a booth!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing this for my parents anniversary party!

their friends, whilst older, LOVE to make tits of themselves Smiley winking hehe

a bunch of teachers, business managers, electronic engineers and a handful of retiree's should have a whale of a time, no? lol. i think the handful of children and younger generation will struggle to get a look in! lol

the pictures of the party are part of my gift to them so i want them to be as fun and varied as possible and this should def add to that element Smiley winking

i say go for it chick!

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tia,

We have seen a few prop boxes and they go down really well. Guests really get into the fun of it and seem to lose all inhibitions when they are wearing a moustache on a stick!

Famous face masks are also funny!

We often give out inflatable guitars too that always go down well.

Most of the time the photo booth doesn't get much action after the first couple of hours so maybe get a few 'dancefloor disposable' cameras.

Hope that helps.

James

• T
    Beginner September 2015
    tash&ste ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing this!! I really wanted a photo booth but decided against it because of money. I think props will still go down well, especially when everyone gets a bit tipsy!

• P
    Beginner September 2015
    Pink1986 ·
    • Hide content

Love the glow stick idea!!!

I wonder if you'd have to ask venues permission for those? Is it glow stick liquid that stains if they break?

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

Ah ha. Have thought of this Pink. I shall be asking the question next week when we go for a meeting at venue!!! Holding off buying the glow sticks till then ............ Fingers crossed x

• cez1987
    Beginner October 2015
    cez1987 ·
    • Hide content

Glow sticks ?!!! What a brilliant idea. Dance floor props isn't a bad shout. I'd say go for it

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

Glow sticks and inflatable guitars sound awesome.

The whole idea sounds much more fun than a photobooth, which to be quite honest I find rather lame, YMMV.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    Clairebo ·
    • Hide content

It's a YES ??????????

just got back from meeting at the venue and wedding co ordinator says YES to glow sticks

i shall now be busy on eBay for the rest of the morning. Do not disturb. Lol x (only buying glow sticks - honest!) x

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

This is a great idea! I bought a load of glow sticks ages ago thinking they'd be fun in the dance floor but actually some inflatables and silly dress up bits added on there could be great fun too!

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

We're having this! Our du brings it all along x

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Props are ace.

One of the best props I've seen in a long time is a real bottle of champagne!

• MrsDJG
    Beginner May 2015
    MrsDJG ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I saw this thread and jumped on board, I've ordered inflatable guitars, wigs, silly glasses. What will you be putting your dance floor props in? I was looking for something like a treasure trunk/chest, but can't find anything affordable.

Thanks X

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Loopy Lisa - which supermarket are you getting your inflatable guitars from? They sound incredibly cheap.

I think these would go down a storm at our wedding. Our second band are a ska/punk covers band and they always do one song where one of the guitarists lies in the middle of the dance floor. All the regular fans then lie on the floor with him and play air guitar. I think inflatable guitars would be fantastic. And would make for an awesome photo. I can't wait to lie on the floor in my wedding dress and OH in his kilt. Just because we're an older couple doesn't mean we've learnt to behave ourselves?

Not sure what other props to have - open to suggestions. And tips for where to buy cheaply.

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Hi, would also like to know where cheapish inflatables are, thinking of giving them out now and again

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

Just some of the props I've purchased for the prop box for evening entertainment :] I've now got inflatable microphones, and guitars and a few more hats and accessories!

The last wedding I went to had props and cameras for everyone to have fun with and it went really well, everyone seemed to have lots of fun! I know we certainly did!

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Perfect!

looks like you will be having a whale of a time

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics