Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SingleNoMore
Beginner April 2013

Dare I attempt to cut my veil?

SingleNoMore, 20 February, 2013 at 14:47 Posted on Planning 0 3

So I had a veil custom made by a lady from a reputable online veil store, we exchanged 42 emails back and forth about what I wanted. I sent them photos of the veil I was trying to replicate and told them my requirements. Now the veil has arrived it’s totally not what I wanted, it’s cut differently and is too long. I can’t return it as it was bespoke, and I’ve told them I’m not happy with it, but I don’t know if they’ll do anything. If they don’t do anything, do you think I could just cut the veil myself? To make it shorter and change the shape of it? I feel like I’ve kinda got nothing to lose!?!

3 replies

Latest activity by SingleNoMore, 20 February, 2013 at 15:17
  • BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

Personally I wouldn't I'd wait and see what they say. If they did it wrong they have to fix it.

hope you get the reply you need.

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Have they followed your instructions and it's just not what you imagined or have they done something completely different? If it's their mistake I think you have every right to ask them to change it.

However - if you have problems I would maybe go to a dry cleaners (they usually have a seamstress etc) and see what they can do, failing that what have you got to lose, just cut it - if you aren't going to use it the way it is you really aren't risking much.

Shame they didn't get it right though x

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

Is it a net one? If it is and doesn't have any seams or decoration on the edges then it won't be as difficult as it would be if it was more complex. It maybe depends on how much money you paid for it, and how much you'd mind if it went wrong and there was no one else to blame! There are instructions for making your own veil around online which have cutting templates so it might be worth having a look for one of those if you do decide to give it a go.

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

This was a copy of one of the emails I sent to them. -

What I ideally want is the shape of it to be like the top layer of this veil -

I just like the way it falls, shorter by the neck and longest bit at the bottom. I'm happy for plain edge, but I wonder if 25" might be a bit too long? "

They replied saying that would be fine, and that the length would be ok. But it’s too long, it comes to my elbows, and the style, well it’s all the same length so the bottom of the veil just forms a straight line horizontally along my back. It’s really hard to describe!

I certainly wouldn’t do anything to it until the veil shop has replied to me. And it has a plain edge so it’s not like I’d be cutting away at ribbon or anything. I just feel like I haven’t got much to lose!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics