Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Dark underarms........ UPDATE!

17 of March of 2012 at 07:22 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hello and welcome to my very embarrassing post. I have an ongoing problem that I need help with. My underarms are always really dark. I shave but then I am left with this dark stain, I'm not sure if its the hairs under my pores or what. Does anyone else have the same problem? I have been starting to look at bleach/lasering for the big day because I want to look perfect and most dresses (including the ones I like) are sleeveless.

Any suggestions or advice? ?

8 replies

Latest activity by Sky, 18 of June of 2022 at 21:22
  • L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest maybe talking to your doctor, maybe they have some advice they can offer, obviously hopefully someone on here can relate too.

Have you spoke to others about it i.e OH Do they agree that its as visable as you think it is as sometimes we can get that paranoid about something that others dont actually think is that bad IYKWIM.

Hopefully some ladies on here can offer advice.

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

Can understand being embarrased but like you say just bite the bullet and make an appointment especially now after what last poster mentioned better to be safe than sorry.

Im sure we have all, at some point had to endure cringe worthy moments I certaintly have being a mum of 3 ? but you never know he may have a solution - I hope you get this sorted, Good luck !!

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content

Honestly I wouldn't worry! I wouldn't worry too much - it could be something super super simple!

I used to get dark underarms and I used to hate it - one day I decided to start using sensitive deoderant (I find Sanax Sensitive to be by far the best) and now they're pretty much the same colour as the rest of my arm!

Do you have sensitive skin as it might just be something like that?! I have super sensitive skin on my underarms, face and legs so have to be really careful - even shaving sometimes causes me to rash no matter how much shaving cream product I use!

• willumino
    Beginner June 2013
    willumino ·
    • Hide content

I am dark haired with fairly pale skin so always have like a six o'clock shadow in my armpits, unless I wax or epilate them. So will probably do this for the big day! Not sure if this is what you meant or not but thought I'd add my six cents ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

My mate had hers lasered and speaks very highly of it- no more shaving

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, my sister had the very same problem and went to the SKiN clinic but the treatment was so expensive she decided not to pursue it.

She wore a strapless dress on her wedding day and to be honest it really wasn't a problem. As she said she doesn't walk around with her arms up in the air for long periods of time nobody noticed at all. If it affects your confidence then I agree about visiting your GP.

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Epilate them every week, for a month, even I there are only a few hairs. Then once you're in top of the hair cycle and regrowth, uou'll notice they grow back a lot slower and you can epistle every two weeks, then every three, an each time you will only have a few stragglers to deal with. Much less painful than the initial go!

I did this all through Uni and it really worked! I've since had laser hair removal on my underarms and bikini area, but epilating your underarms is definitely a happy medium.

I never epilated my lady area! It would probably be ok if you just wanted to 'tidy the edges' but i liked quite a bit or all whipped off! I think that skin is far to delicate in certain areas for the epilator!

• S
    Philippines
    Sky ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't bleach - not good for your skin! I'd suggest seeing a dermatologist and getting a prescription pigmentation cream or laser resurfacing treatment, that might help Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics