Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner July 2013

Daughters as bridesmaids

nicolawatson2000, 16 March, 2013 at 22:18 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi,

I am getting married in July, and I just had a question about choosing bridesmaid. I lost touch with my best friends when i moved away, I have casual friends that I sometimes hang out with but thats it. I would love my daughters to be my bridesmaids, but they are only 7, and 10. Are they too young to be my bridesmaid? I can easily ask some friends to be my bridesmaid no problem, but I wouldnt have the special feeling simply because I am not that close with any of my friends.In your opinion, do you think its weird? Any opinions would be most welcome. Thanx

11 replies

Latest activity by Sooperdooper, 27 March, 2013 at 10:19
  • mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Go for it!! Providing they would feel comfortable walking down the aisle there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to do it. There's no rule about having a MOH to sort your dress out etc... Whoever walks you down the aisle can do that sort of thing. Different in my case as mine are older, but my 19yo is MOH, 15yo is BM and 4yo is FG. My 13yo didn't want to be BM as she didn't want to be in the spotlight, so she's helping my 17yo with ushering duties. I think it's ace having them take such roles, and it would be so special for you and your girls to share the day in that way xx

• L
    Beginner August 2014
    loubie03 ·
    • Hide content

Not weird at all! Why have friends your not that close to when you could have the 2 most important people in your life as your bridesmaids! Just my opinion though! My daughter will be 3 1/2 and my son will be 2, he will be a pageboy and my daughter will be a flowergirl. I wasnt going to have any adult bridesmaids as I am also having my niece as a flowergirl (she will be 2 1/2) but as my sister in law is pregnant now her child would be too young to walk down the aisle (only just 11 months) so she is going to be my adult bridesmaid instead otherwise I would have just had the children as that would have been very special and personal to me. But its each to their own and everyone has different views.

Hope this helps xxx

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

You can have whoever you want as bridesmaids! and I think its much more special to have your daughters than some friends just because!

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

Definitely! It will be lovely to have your girls right there beside you on your day! x

• MrsWill2b
    Beginner March 2013
    MrsWill2b ·
    • Hide content

My daughters will be bridesmaids but they will be 21 so I guess it's not the same really.

• D
    Beginner October 2014
    dollydimple88 ·
    • Hide content

I will be having my cousin as BM (she will be 12 and is already taller than me) and my daughter as FG (she will be 2 and a half). Go for it! X

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsCS2b ·
    • Hide content

I will be having my younger daughter as a bridesmaid and the older one as Maid of honor. They will be 11 and 18 when we get married.

I have the same problem with my friends as you do and to be honest it wouldn't feel right if I didn't include all my kids x

• N
    Beginner July 2013
    nicolawatson2000 ·
    • Hide content

I just want to thank everyone for their replies. I've asked my girls to be bridesmaids and they are over the moon.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Yay!! Great news!! :0D xx

• mrs o-)
    Beginner August 2013
    mrs o-) ·
    • Hide content

I agree with everyone your girls will be great by your side on the day and i think it would be more special to them being just them and involved, i have 3 sons (19) (14)(12)too old to be pageboys and that was the first thing they said to us when we told them we were getting married "we are not being page boys" lol i did ask them if the wanted to be bridesmaid instead "no"but i feel they are not included in much of our wedding as in role so they are being ushers and our top table will consist of me oh 3boys and oh daughter (8) flowergirl just so they are more involved my mum is not very happy about not being on top table so we weill see how it pans out .

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

I'm having my OH's daughters as bridesmaids. My two daughters will be giving me away. The eldest out of all of them will be 15 when we get married and the youngest 9. I think it's more important to have them involved than anything else.

• S
    Beginner April 2014
    Sooperdooper ·
    • Hide content

I will be having my 2 daughters. Eldest will be 6 nearly 7, and yougest will be 4 11 days after our wedding.

I am not planning on having any bigger Bridesmaids, it will just be me and my girlies x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics