Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner June 2012

Day after the wedding ideas

KateSF, 29 of November of 2011 at 20:56 Posted on Planning 0 12

Evening ladies.

We're getting married on a Thursday in June next year, and I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for something to do the day after The Big Day. Preferably something really relaxed and informal, where we can all just sit, relax (possibly nursing a hangover) and talk about the day before.

I was thinking about a picnic for the very closest family and friends, but I'm mindful that the weather is never a given in this country. We live in London but are getting married in Hertfordshire which is about 30 miles away from our house. We are probably going to have a mini-moon after the wedding with our honeymoon proper in September, so we are not rushing off anywhere immediately the wedding.

Any ideas welcome! x

12 replies

Latest activity by sparkelly, 30 of November of 2011 at 11:50
  • teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

I like the simple idea of taking over a local cafe / coffee shop / pub with tea, breakfast and some boardgames!

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

We are planning a BBQ in our garden.

Informal and as it August we hoping it be nice weather. Paddling pool and garden games for the adults and the kids!

x

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

We'll be having breakfast with those who stayed at the venue (10 rooms) and then we are thinking of going down the road to the pub where some of the others are staying for a drink and maybe lunch with anyone who's still around (quite a lot of people will be staying over). We've said all along that we want to relax and not rush off on honeymoon straight away. Love your idea of a picnic, I would just say be careful as to who is providing all the food etc as you don't want to add further expense and stress for yourself.

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

We'll be going to the local pub/carvery for lunch with our closest family/friends

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

We will be having breakfast with our guests, but other than that I hadnt thought of anything....... Being as I am getting married on a Friday and most of our guests are staying for the weekend I think I should maybe turn my thoughts to it!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Both sets of parents and the siblings are having an extra night at the hotel. We all plan on going for a pub lunch and just relax before we head off on honeymoon on the Monday!

• kerrylou89
    Beginner August 2011
    kerrylou89 ·
    • Hide content

We had a BBQ at my parents with all my side of the family as OH side had to take some family back to airport, then we went and had evening with OH family Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sheree_heptinstall ·
    • Hide content

All the people who are staying in outr hotel have breakfast included in the room, so probably have our breakfast and reminisce (sp) and then enjoy our first day together as hunsband and wife i should imagine! x

• L
    Love girl ·
    • Hide content

I think this is a really good idea.

• xtlcx
    Beginner May 2012
    xtlcx ·
    • Hide content

We're going for a carvery with all the family yumm

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

We all went round to my H's parent's house, had cups of tea and ate left over buffet! It was nice to see everyone again before they all began their long journey's home. We only invited family and bridesmaids etc so it was nice and chilled.

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

We'll be going to church (as for once it will be really convenient for us!) and might suggest a bit of a walk on Dartmoor...

• sparkelly
    Beginner December 2011
    sparkelly ·
    • Hide content

Some of our guests are staying at the hotel so we'll be having breakfast with them the next morning which I am really looking forward to as the hotel has set up a reserved area for us all.

The day after is actually Christmas Eve for us so after we've picked the cat up from the cattery we will be spend most of the day just the two of us I think, before the craziness of Christmas Day and the bank holidays follow!

If you are getting married in June though I think a nice picnic or BBQ would be nice. If the weather is not great then a nice pub lunch as others have suggested sounds lovely!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics