Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

miss_winter14
Beginner February 2014

day guests- how many?

miss_winter14, 10 of January of 2014 at 17:15 Posted on Planning 0 29

I apologise for being nosey but how many day guests are you having? was chatting to a friend yesterday and mentioned we have 85 for the day and she called it a 'big wedding'.

i don't think 85 is that big is it?

another friend went to her cousin's wedding where they had 215 for the day, so if my friend thinks 85 is big, i dread to think what she'd make of that!

tell me i'm not crazy and the 85 isn't excessively big? feel like i'm being overly ostentatious with my numbers now :/

29 replies

Latest activity by Forever Wedding Dance, 11 of January of 2014 at 18:15
  • BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

I think 80 is about average

We're having 70 - and that is literally close family and friends so I don't class it as big at all!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! she really made me feel excessive for a moment. what a silly thing to wobble over! lol

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

We've invited 170, no evening guests but we expect it will be about 150 who are actually able to make it. Does that put your mind at rest? ?

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

We haven't finalised the guest list yet but we are having over 100 for the day. We have big families and would love to invite them all, however even removing ALL children in the family (which I didn't want to do as I love kids), we're still looking at 100-120.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'd say 80 is about average.

We had 140 to the day and about an extra 30 or so to the evening.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

We are having 50 guests which i consider a small wedding so I'd day 85 sounds about average ;-)

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much! my friend is silly lol. feeling happily average ^_^ lol

• MrsP:)
    Beginner June 2014
    MrsP:) ·
    • Hide content

I originally read that and thought yes that is a little bigger than average but I'm guessing I'm wrong, we are having 40-45 and now im worried there wont be enough people there. ️?️

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

We are having 100 to the people but have invited 120 ? :s ooopsie x

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

To the people??? What the ? I think iv lost it x

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

We are having 60.

• H
    Beginner July 2015
    hfraser87 ·
    • Hide content

We're having 70 for the day and 120 for the evening. It's literally just our close friends and family for the day then in the evening it's everyone else!

Don't panic hun..it's nothing

xxx

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    MeV ·
    • Hide content

We are going to be having 40-50, but a lot of our family live abroad and won't be able to make it over, however if they could we would probably be around the 80 mark too.

I don't think 80 people is particularly a big wedding, however I really don't think it matters, you are obviously inviting them all for a reason, so what difference does it make if you have 1 or 1000 people?! (apart from cost, of course)

It's your day, and I hope you have a brilliant time, with aaalll of your guests!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

58. T'is the magic number.

For me, 85 is big. For others (more normals), 85 is average.

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think 'nosyiness' is an issue here!! ?

We are having around 80 for the day too. I don't think that is 'big', more medium really. And to be honest, don't worry about what your friend thinks, sorry to be harsh but it is none of her business anyway! If you are happy with the guestlist and those are the people you want with you on your day, and it suits your budget etc. then don't worry!

Our 80 or so is made up of our closest family and friends, and even then we have been brutal and not included some of OH's family.

So long as you're happy, really don't worry about what anybody else thinks.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

20 for us! Most would class it as tiny but we like to think it's intimate, cosy and with our closest loved ones. Don't want a lot of people there who we don't know that well and we don't have huge families. People might be expecting to come to ours and there being 50+ so might be in for a shock haha, doesn't matter the number as long as its what the both of you want so wouldn't bother what anyone says Smiley smile

• IGB2B
    Beginner May 2014
    IGB2B ·
    • Hide content

We're having 70 day guests and around 150 in the evening! We're still trying to work out who will be a day guest. It's really hard!

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We have 150 during the day & another 40 in the evening. For my italian family thats quite small. When my cousin got married she had 400 people!

• M
    Beginner March 2015
    MrsF2Bee ·
    • Hide content

Our package is 40 day and 100 night but we can add too Smiley smile x

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

We started with a nice intimate 30 (this was wishful thinking) and now we're up to 54 - which people have been telling me is still small.

• R
    Beginner August 2014
    RLB ·
    • Hide content

We are inviting 108 day guests, which people keep telling me is a big wedding. We've already found out about 10 people are unlikely to be coming (parents deciding to leave kids at home, people likely to be too ill to travel).....part of me feels bad they won't be coming, but part of me is glad it brings the costs down!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

We're having 50 for the day and an extra 50 evening guests.

I wouldn't say 85 is particularly big.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! 400? That wedding must have cost a fortune! I don't even know that many people. My entire family is only 18 people though!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I think it was about 58 adults and then an additional 40 for the evening.

• squish815
    Beginner June 2014
    squish815 ·
    • Hide content

We've got 50/60 for the day and I'd call that a small-ish wedding, Partly because I know many people I know have had more day guests and partly because I've still had to be strict on what members of my family I invite.

• loubi1uk
    Beginner July 2014
    loubi1uk ·
    • Hide content

Me & other half have just done our final guest list & wrote our invites and we are looking at 93/95 (depeninding on some children coming). My OH comes from a big family

• Studying&Planning
    Beginner April 2014
    Studying&Planning ·
    • Hide content

We're havign 40 and keep tellign ourselves it is really small - although we did start with just 16 on the list, and grew it a bit to fill the venue. there'll be a hnadful of evening guests too.

A friend of mine just finalised her guest list last night and she's at 72.

When you look at most of the pre-packaged wedding plans at the venues they are about 50 - 80 so they must be fairly average / middle of the road numbers..?

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

We're having 82 in the day (were aiming for 80, invited 86) and around 120 ish in the evening (we've invited more, but I don't think everyone we've asked will come, and even if there is more, I don't think the venue people are going to do a head count!).

I would've like to invite more people to the all-day, maybe another 5-10, but you have to draw the line within your budget.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is 'dinky' - there'll be 28 including the two of us

• Forever Wedding Dance
    Rockstar September 2013
    Forever Wedding Dance ·
    • Hide content

We had 74 on the day but had invited about 85. A work colleague asked me if I was having a 'big wedding' and when I said I wasn't sure what constituted 'big' she said she thought anything over 80 was big, so we were just on the border of that - just her opinion though! Our number was just comfortable in the venue when everyone was sat down but we had an additional 20-25 in the evening.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics