Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2022 North Yorkshire

Day/evening guests- wedding website

Sammylea, 21 of January of 2022 at 07:57 Posted on Planning 3 12
Hi please help!! I’m trying to make a wedding website to save money on invitations- I’m just about there!
But….. what do we do for the evening guests as the website refers to the day and all of the times etc- do we need to make a separate website for night guests?! Xxx

12 replies

Latest activity by Laurie, 7 of September of 2023 at 13:19
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content
    I used the website With Joy to create a website and it’s amazing! Actually found it through a Hitched article and you can create a guest list and add tags to them like day and evening and then in the schedule set who is able to see it. Not sure that I’ve explained it over well but I would definitely recommend the website and I think if you check it out it will be self explanatory. It’s totally free and has loads of custom options too.
  • Lucy
    South West London
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sammylea,

You'll need to create a separate event in your Guest List called 'Evening' and only add guests to it who are invited to the evening!

All the best with your wedding planning,

Lucy x

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you click in to the pre formatted heading and then click settings on the right you can edit the name or create a new event. We found it easer to just have Ceremony and Evening, but we switched off meal tracking for the evening and added our own meal choices to the ceremony tab. I would suggest doing this before adding guests as you can't then change them for all, you have to manually go in to each person to change their invite status!

We then created our Groups by clicking on the Group button on the Overview Tab

Little tip, I would stick to just Day and Evening lists as makes it way easer to see attendance later. You then need to create your guests, clicking the Guest button. When you create your guest in the Overview tab you can click which event they are invited to.

We didn't send our invites through Hitched as it was painful! We sent a link to the site and explained how to RSVP,. we also set up a tab for on the day info where we put all the details on timings, directions, hotels etc.

Hope that helps you!

• S
    Sammylea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for this! Really helpful x
  • S
    Sammylea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Lucy x
  • S
    Sammylea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry just to check again, if I create a new event, will the evening guests still see the same website as the ceremony guests? X
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes they do so you may want to create separate event pages, but there is nothing to stop them looking at a page as you can't lock that bit down.
  • S
    Sammylea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh ok I understand x
    I may just create another website on another app for the night guests x
  • S
    Sammylea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! I will look into this as I have used hitched to create one but will need a seperate one for the evening guests x
  • Katie
    Beginner July 2024 Buckinghamshire
    Katie ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Sammy
    I hope your wedding is going to plan! Did you work out the best way to create the event on the wedding website for evening guests? I am too in the same predicament and looking for advice? X
  • Romanticpinkbridesmaid614
    Beginner February 2024 Cambridgeshire
    Romanticpinkbridesmaid614 ·
    • Hide content

Hi All! I have just created my wedding website and ended up using 'with joy.com' also. Was super easy so thought I would share my experience if it helps anyone else.

You can import an excel spreadsheet of names (or use the template provided) and then against each name assign a tag. I just used 'full day' and 'evening only' and then in the RSVP tracker you can set the questions to a specific group tag so only my day guests will get the option to pick their food for the wedding breakfast. Evening guests only have the option to RSVP and add any dietary requirements or allergies for us to be aware of for the evening food.

It was really simple to do and withjoy has lots of great features as well so you can keep it simple or add as much as you want. They had an FAQ page template so we kept that and listed all the need to know information on there which we couldn't fit on the invites. Would 100% recommend! Smiley smile Good luck to all 2024 brides.

• Laurie
    Savvy May 2024 Lothian & Borders
    Laurie ·
    • Hide content

I've also been looking into 'WithJoy' but it seems like you can't add your existing registry to the website? Actually finding the Hitched one easier to use, but is it not as user friendly for guests?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics