Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2015

daytime only wedding - no evening reception

radgeon14, 18 of September of 2013 at 11:36 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi,

We wanted to make our wedding unique to us and was thinking if anyone has had just a daytime only wedding without an evening do? Or have ideas for alternative entertainment for the evening?

Thanks,

Elinor

4 replies

Latest activity by DaffodilWaves, 18 of September of 2013 at 15:17
  • Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

My BiL did this, just had a small wedding breakfast which finished at around 5.30pm and then the wedding was done. Nice simple and still extremely enjoyable x

• Pinkboo
    Beginner March 2014
    Pinkboo ·
    • Hide content

My friend is planning on having her wedding at 4pm. On the morning she's having a small brunch with her bridesmaids/female family and close friends then when they get married all the guests will be there. They'll be forgoing the traditional breakfast and just having a buffet/evening bbq for everyone. After the ceremony it'll be straight into the evening do, she wanted to eliminate any periods of 'down time' of people waiting around between morn/eve.

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    radgeon14 ·
    • Hide content

Thanx both Smiley smile

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I've shot a few short day weddings, just ceremony in the morning and a wedding breakfast around lunch/early afternoon! Usually smaller wedding parties

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I did this ?. Got married at 11.30 (Church wedding). Then we had a three course lunch and then about 6pm we left for our honeymoon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics