Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner November 2022 Berkshire

Dd+ underwear

Alice, 1 of October of 2022 at 13:31 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 10

Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with my dress and wondered if anyone had had a similar issue and found a solution. I'm now less than 5 weeks from my wedding (4th Nov) and only just getting to the seamstress as my dress turned up 6 weeks later than promised (a whole other story).

The dress has a sheer back with floral detailing (as pictured) and when I bought the dress the shop assured me I would be able to wear it without a bra, and the seamstress would be able to sort some cups/structure into the dress. I am 36 GG so was pleasantly surprised to hear this, and ordered the dress.

I went to the seamstress today and essentially any work to sew cups or other support in would ruin the cut of the dress. It pulls the front of the dress down off my shoulders, and lowers the waistline to hit my hips and tummy rather than the waist.

Does anyone know where I could find a backless/low backed body suit possibly with transparent straps, or at the least white ones, for a G cup. I'm keen to avoid a bra strap across the back if I can, but now don't know what to do, maybe I should put a piece of white fabric across the back, under the sheer section, up to where a bra strap would sit and just wear a bra?

I've been looking for a delicate bra that could sit under it but at my size the bands are all so wide.

Thanks for your help, I feel like I'm on the verge of having a bit of an emotional moment about it all.

Dd+ underwear 1

10 replies

Latest activity by Christina, 8 of October of 2022 at 01:42
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I got this, it goes to E cup but is generous so maybe worth a try or searching Amazon for stick on bra in larger cup size. It was amazing on the day and held all day, didn't even realise I had it on. To stick it you need to hold the cups to you standing up straight then get someone to pull the tabs(not to tight)and stick them to you. So sorry you have this stress so close to your wedding I hDd+ underwear 2

ope you can find something x
  • Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    I’m afraid I’m not sure I can offer any solutions/ but that dress is absolutely gorgeous!
  • Abi
    Dedicated May 2024 Conwy
    Abi ·
    • Hide content
    You can get some really strong self adhesive ones, there are some on here that go up to a G -https://perkypear.com/ stunning dress!
  • A
    Beginner November 2022 Berkshire
    Alice ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, after a rather stressful weekend the dress maker is sending some extra fabric over from Canada and I'm either adding a nude or white panel up to the bra band.

I'm looking to get a bespoke bra made (which I didn't even know was a thing so just wanted to put here in case anyone is in a similar predicament) which will have pretty white straps and hopefully blend in a bit.

• Abi
    Dedicated May 2024 Conwy
    Abi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So happy you’ve sorted something!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Your dress looks stunning! I'm so glad you've found a solution to the bra issue. Please come back and post some pics after your wedding, so we can see the whole of this amazing dress - you are going to be a beautiful bride!

• Zoe
    Curious February 2023 Derbyshire
    Zoe ·
    • Hide content
    Glad you sorted it…… hope you have the best day! Your dress is absolutely stunning….. would love to see some pics of your day after! Enjoy xx
  • C
    Curious May 2023 South East London
    Christina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have you tried it? Does it, ahem, hold up?
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I wore it on my wedding day and was brilliant.
  • C
    Curious May 2023 South East London
    Christina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! My dress is has a low back and a weird halter neck boob window so needs to be strapless too. I'm hoping they can add cups to the dress and cinch me in, but I am researching in case I need a bit of extra help. At least it has an illusion neck front so the boobs arent going to fall out or go anywhere....

I just wish low V fronts and low backs were less of a trend. It felt extremely hard to find a dress I didn't want to alter heavily for modesty or to give me support.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics