Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LizBjk
Beginner May 2007

Deal or no deal - The audience.

LizBjk, 7 of April of 2008 at 17:18 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

Do they wear black because 3 are filmed the same day? (So they aren't wearing the same distinctive top or something?).

14 replies

Latest activity by amandam, 7 of April of 2008 at 19:43
  • Hubble
    Hubble ·
    • Hide content

Didn't notice. maybe, but what did that lovely dotty old lady win? I had to go before it ended!?

• T
    Beginner
    tea and toast ·
    • Hide content

I presume so... What I wondered was, why does the family of the contestant always seem to be seated and ready when the person is chosen at random? And also, how does each contestant choose their own box? You always get them saying "I chose number 5 because it's my birthday" or something, but what if someone else wanted 5? And they don't have the same box each show, it just so happens they get their box on the very show they're picked for.

I realise I've thought way too much about this!! ?

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

Eunice dealt at £13,000 - she had £1000 in her box.

When you become a contestant on DOND you sign a form saying how many days you are able to film for - ie how much time you can give up from work or whatever so you have a rough idea of when your game will be.

Yes, the boxes are totally at random so you shouldn't be able to choose which box you have for your game.

And yes you're asked to wear a dark coloured top so they can switch you around during filming. They were filming three shows per day but they've recently changed that to only three on some days but two on others.

I was supposed to be going to see it later this month but I can't drive at the moment so I've had to postpone. [V]

• NickJ
    Beginner
    NickJ ·
    • Hide content

I watched a bit of this once. the audience do not seem to grasp that its a ame of pure chance.

• Hubble
    Hubble ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by mariko
    I presume so... What I wondered was, why does the family of the contestant always seem to be seated and ready when the person is chosen at random? And also, how does each contestant choose their own box? You always get them saying "I chose number 5 because it's my birthday" or something, but what if someone else wanted 5? And they don't have the same box each show, it just so happens they get their box on the very show they're picked for.

I realise I've thought way too much about this!! ?
    id="quote">

No they chose their boxes at random, by drawing a numbered ball out of a bag. They can't choose their box. They may say that when chosing which other boxes to open / leave. good point re the audience family though - unless they all have family there...?
  • LizBjk
    Beginner May 2007
    LizBjk ·
    • Hide content

Ah, I didn't know they picked a ball from a bag.

• NickJ
    Beginner
    NickJ ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by LizBjk
    Ah, I didn't know they picked a ball from a bag.
    id="quote">

yes, a ballbag.

? <childish>
  • LizBjk
    Beginner May 2007
    LizBjk ·
    • Hide content

?

• vicbic
    Beginner September 2003
    vicbic ·
    • Hide content

This will tell you some of what goes on.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=038mA4-fsaE&gl=GB

?

• Hyacinth
    Beginner
    Hyacinth ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by NickJ
    i watched a bit of this once. the audience do not seem to grasp that its a ame of pure chance.
    id="quote">

I didn't understand DOND for ages because I thought I must be missing something with this, I really couldn't work out why they made up these techniques and things... I thought they must just be more inteligent than I. Until it became clear the opposite was true?
  • barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by NickJ
    i watched a bit of this once. the audience do not seem to grasp that its a ame of pure chance.
    id="quote">

Clearly you don't understand that each contestant has a foolproof system for working out which box has the £250k. Fool proof. Oh yes.
  • walesgirl
    Beginner June 2007
    walesgirl ·
    • Hide content

? I always thought about all those questions and they have all been answered, apart from one, how do you get on DOND?

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

You can apply through the Channel 4 website - Endemol will send you a form which you fill in and send back and then they call you for audition.

• walesgirl
    Beginner June 2007
    walesgirl ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by Consuela Banana Hammock
    You can apply through the Channel 4 website - Endemol will send you a form which you fill in and send back and then they call you for audition.
    id="quote">

Ah, thanks for that, my H asked me yesterday. Now I know something he doesn't!?
  • amandam
    Beginner March 2005
    amandam ·
    • Hide content

quote:Originally posted by Consuela Banana Hammock
    id="quote">

Be warned it takes ages though. Friend of the family applied in 2006, finally got an audience audition this year and will probably be called for filming next year!! So about a 3 year wait

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics