Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vee Tee
Beginner April 2012

Debenhams Gift List service

Vee Tee, 26 of September of 2011 at 10:32 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hey, looking for advice from anyone who has used the above service.

I was at a wedding fair in january and a lady from debenhams had come up and was doing a prize draw for a bottle of champagne if you 'register your interest' with Debenhams gift lists.....I signed up and they then started sending me mail saying I'd registered for a gift list, which I didn't think I had, but I figured they can't make me use it if I don't want to.

The problem with us is that our 'local' Debenhams is 110 miles away, although I've been assured by other people up here that this shouldn't matter and we can still have the list with them as many of them have. I have just over 6 1/2 months til my wedding and I thought I'd go in a look last night just out of interest to see what it involved as I thought maybe we could set up the list online, only to be told when I logged in 'sorry you cannot set up your gift list until 6 months before the wedding', when I said this to H2B he said he'd much rather go instore to do it anyway.

As luck would have it we have booked a night away in the city (where Debenhams lives) on the 14th October to celebrate our '6 months to go anniversary' and would be ideal for us if Debenhams will let us come in that day.

However, looking for painkillers in the kitchen drawers last night I came across a letter from Debenhams we'd received back in January after signing up and it said 'we will contact you 4 months before your wedding to set up your gift list'

I am desperate to do it on the 14th as I got quite excited about it and if I have to leave it til mid January then it will have to be online as the nearer we get to the wedding the less chance there is of us having the free time and free money to take a trip to the city!!

Poor H2B wont be half as interested if we have to do it online and I'll struggle to get anything out of him!

If I phone Debenhams customer service number from their site to book in do you think they will let us go on the 6 month date?

5 replies

Latest activity by allymepally, 26 of September of 2011 at 13:53
  • vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure if you say let us do it then or we'll go elsewhere they wont' turn away the business!!

We set ours up with them on Saturday (they had a promotion on, we got free things!!) and they said they usual do it three months in advance because both stock and prices can change quite a bit. But if you are aware of this and are willing to make substitutions as time passes then I can't imagine it will be a problem.

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

Thats kinda what I was thinking vicster

I'm not even bothered for a gift list. My mum is dead against them but we have been told by so many people that we will be asked for details by loads of people, so I thought better safe than sorry. Its not going to be a massive one or anything.

My mum has so put me off them, she thinks they're rude.

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

My Mum used to be dead against them as well. Then my sister did it and she saw just how useful they are. When I said that initially we weren't planning to have one she told us how silly we were being! Your mum might change her mind.

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

Maybe, she's already accepted we need one whether she likes it or not lol

I am a bit gutted about one thing though, you mention you got lots of freebies etc, and I have seen this advertised in store as well and all I could think was that bloomin woman at the wedding fayre hoodwinked me here didn't she, I bet if I asked they would say we are proper registered and therefore not eligible.

Maybe I should tell them where to stick it and find something else.

She definately said it was just registering your email address to get info about it then next thing we know bam getting letters to the house saying thanks for registering!

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

Well, I just called and they were pretty useless!

Firstly she said she couldnt hear me cos the line was breaking up, so I had to go outside and call off my mobile, then I explained everything and she didn't comment on what the answer was, just said she'd put me through to my 'local' store, which was on answering machine so she gave me the number to try later.

Dunno if I can be assed with the hassle!!

• A
    Beginner October 2012
    allymepally ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I am thinking about my wedding list - is it worth using one of these services? Do they charge a fee?

Thanks for your help!

X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics