Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner December 2021 Surrey

December 2021

Alex, 24 of June of 2021 at 07:28 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hello All,

Myself and my Fiancè are getting married in December. We have done the vast majority on our list. However it is difficult to plan guests as there may be restrictions still in December. We have decided to get married then come what may.
We were wondering if anyone is having trouble in guest planning or worried about what the restrictions maybe in winter time?
Thank You
Alex

1 replies

Latest activity by Betka, 24 of June of 2021 at 10:30
  • B
    Curious March 2022 South East London
    Betka ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married late Winter early Spring 22, I'm not worrying about it too much just now which I suspect will end up being to my detriment.

However, one of my friends is getting married next week (third reschedule!) and had to cut her invite list down from 120 to 30. Obviously this happened after she'd invited people and she had the unenviable task of uninviting people! That said, she did say everyone was really nice about it although it was clearly quite awkward - after a year plus of pandemic people are very understanding.

Rather than risking this situation, maybe send out save the dates now with a note that details will be finalised depending on the restrictions at the time? That gives people an early warning that it's a little unpredictable and things may change.

Then sit down with your partner and privately decide who is your 'top 30' if the restrictions are still in place (immediate family, close friends, probably no plus ones in this scenario), who is in the next 30, the next 30 etc so you don't have to stress too much if the worst happens.

People will understand if they have to wait to celebrate with you afterwards when restrictions are lifted.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics