Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner December 2020

December COVID 19

HappyPurpleCakes8224, 4 of July of 2020 at 05:48 Posted on Planning 0

Anyone else getting married December 2020?
I’m not sure wether to even continue planning for the last bits and pieces or just leave it all to the last minute if we are still able to go ahead. Im not sure about anyone else but all the excitement has vanished. I’m going for my food tasting tomorrow and contemplating on just getting really drunk and crying into my chosen delights.

• HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

I'm with you on this!

We should have been getting married in September, and we were almost all done with the planning. Our menu tasting was the week before lockdown, and now we don't even know whether our reception venue will go bust or not, and everything we had planned for may not be able to go ahead on our rescheduled date.

It's the not knowing which is the worst part. I have been out of work due to ill health since last October, and as I work for an education agency, won't be returning to school until September at the earliest, so money is also a worry.

I feel like all the excitement has evaporated, and I feel really deflated at the moment.

I am trying to find the positives - it has given me more time to find things preloved and make items, so potentially saving us money and keeping me occupied at the same time. I am also planning on finding a way of celebrating our original date with something meaningful at home.

Depending on what is still left to do, could you continue but with the contingency of making your plans reschedule-able should the need arise?

I would definitely go and enjoy your menu tasting experience, what have you got to lose? A hangover will only make you feel worse! Ask the staff what alternatives are available depending on your budget/contingency plans.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics