Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maldives2013
Beginner December 2013

December wedding personalised Christmas decorations as favours...

Maldives2013, 3 December, 2012 at 13:30 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi everyone,

We are getting married next December and for favours one of my bridemaids had a clever idea of personalised tree decorations as favours for the guests. I was wondering what anyone else thought of this and if anyone knew of anywhere that does personalised tree decorations that are not too expensive ( i have seen some but they are like £11 a decoration!).

Also not sure whether to have our wedding date and names on the decorations or the guests name which can then double up as a place setting?

x

14 replies

Latest activity by zebralea, 5 December, 2012 at 17:56
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I think Christmas decorations is a great idea.

Have you thought about making them yourself? You could buy flat wooden shapes (snowmen, christmas trees etc)and paint them then write the names on in paint or similar?

I reckon you could easily do them for less than £1 or I'm happy to quote if you'd rather get someone to do it for you.

I would go for people's names and double them up and place settings.

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Hi! I think this is a lovely idea (but I am also a Christmas bride, so I am biased!).

I think it would be a great idea to have them double-up as name places, so have the guest's name on them. If you get traditional baubles, you could get a glitter pen, write your wedding details on the baubles itself, and then slot a little name card in the place where the string usually goes which has the guest name on? Or you could write guest name one side of the bauble, and your name and wedding date on the other?

You could get them all in the January sales too, so much cheaper than £11!

• xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kharv, this is a great idea! There is a seller on eBay who does these - I bought a load of heart-shaped ones (I think they were £5-£6 for 20) so that I can label the cheeses for my evening buffet. They did Christmas-shaped ones, such as Christmas tress, like you suggested.

For my favours, I bought some small cream favour boxes, bought little wooden Christmas shapes from The Range, painted them sage green, added a light touch of silver glitter to accentutate the edges, and stuck them onto the top of the favour boxes. Will try and flash them tomorrow. I have then put personalised sweets inside.

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEA2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there I agree with KellsBells that this is great but then I am also a biased December bride this year! The idea about baubles is a good one and the right time to start thinking about it as you will get things in January for cheap.

Also, one of the other December brides this year has used pine cones and sprayed them white with snow, you could do this and attach a small plaque with the guests name and some string to the top for them to double as tree decorations after? Very cheap if you collected the cones yourself! x

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

We are giving decorations as favours. I thought about baubles but the nice ones were quite expensive for the number we needed (£2+ each) and if you are having round baubles then you will need to box them or else they'll roll all over the table. In the end it was going to be too expensive for us to to buy boxes big enough so we have opted for small heart shaped decorations (similar to ones below) which can just go in organza bags without worrying about them rolling off the table. We're going to personalise them by changing the string for personalised ribbon. I'm still waiting on the ribbon arriving by post but can post a picture once I've made them up.

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I have a bride currently that has bought gorgeous personalised baubles for favours. I think they were £1.00 each or something like that. I am making these for her to put them in. They look fab ? They also double up as place cards.

www.inspiremedesigns.co.uk

Nat

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I too was going to suggest using a glittery glue pen to write guest names on baubles.

Another idea is home-made gingerbread. These can also be used as decorations & you can ice guests names on them. Cheap & tasty!

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I think that's a great idea, and I would definitely get them with each person's name on. As our favours/place settings we're having Christmas crackers with each person's name on, with the traditional joke, paper hat (in our wedding colours) and personalised chocolates inside.

• M
    Beginner December 2012
    MrsPearcetobe ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married on 15th December ? and we're doubling up our favours with name places - found these baubles on Cox and Cox, they're really beautiful and will look great on our tables. They're probably a bit too small personalise each one but they'll look fab on the tree afterwards!

http://www.coxandcox.co.uk/name-place-baubles

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a great idea! You would be better to make them yourself though. You could either buy wooden Christmas shapes to decorate and add ribbon to, or sew hearts/snowmen etc with initials or names on. I think they would look great

• Maldives2013
    Beginner December 2013
    Maldives2013 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, thanks for all the responses great ideas! I will def get looking, Karv thanks I may take you up on that quote if I don't feel confident in doing it myself, not the most arty person! Xx

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Kharv and am doing something similar myself although without the christmas theme and am not making them hanging decorations.

I got shapes off this website

• J
    Beginner November 2013
    jenbop ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married next november & also have gone for this idea, im having more of a winter theme than christmas but loved these little name place card holders that im using as the females favours, they can use them as a bauble after the wedding too.

as you can see im still new to this page so still learning on how to put pics on here

• Z
    Beginner December 2013
    zebralea ·
    • Hide content

Im thinking of these, they are bookmarks but think they can be doubled as hanging on a tree, also was thinking of taking the tassel off them an put personalised ribbon of our names and date of the wedding Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics