Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ivana
Dedicated August 2024 East London

Decor and Set up

Ivana, 22 of December of 2023 at 08:00 Posted on Planning 1 17
Hi ladies,
This is my first ever post but I just needed to know!!!
I need your help. I’m on a small budget in terms of decorations, so I was going to have mostly candles with some maybe white bud roses on the tables or make an arrangement of white roses and baby’s breath fake flowers on my own, diy signs and all that. Here’s my questions tho, who sets it up? My venue said they don’t do set up, my catering said they can set up table how I want it but I’m not sure if that would also count centrepieces. And I would need someone to display welcome sign and maybe a background for photos, ect. Do I need to hire a company to come and set up? Do I hire event decorator and they come and set up, don’t they usually want to use their own stuff? Or do I do it all myself and go to venue after ceremony or do I get bridal party to go and set up? Help!!!!For context wedding is in East London next summer. If you have any recommendations for decor planners or any other ideas let me know. Thank you so much!!!

17 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, 14 of March of 2024 at 15:25
  • Ivana
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reply!
    So, the venue we booked is only for the reception and we only have access to it a few hours before the reception but that’s the time of the ceremony which will be in the town hall. I’m still not sure what to do about it. I don’t trust everyone to get the right idea of what i want and how I would want it to be set up. So not too sure just entrusting anyone with the set up from my family. So would definitely need to figure out soon 😩😩
  • L
    Beginner May 2024 West Midlands
    Liz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I'm a big control freak
    Our ceremony is at 4pm in register office then Venue reception is 20mins away and room is available from when we are at ceremony and youll be busy all afternoon, or getting yourself sorted or doing hair/makeup. So, your only option is you get away quick as bride and groom get your pictures and get to venue before everyone else very short window. Or you take pictures of your things and put them in arrangements already then box up and leave them with a friend. I think it's letting go of the control and letting someone else do it. Or forking out hundreds for a supplier to do decorations.
  • L
    Beginner May 2024 West Midlands
    Liz ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is why brides have MOH or bridesmaids it's their dutie to do stuff like that to help you out etc
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    You are likely best hiring someone to do it. Anyone you want in the wedding photos will need to be with you after the ceremony. You don’t want to be doing it yourself as the day already is enough of a blur that setting up tables between ceremony & reception isn’t a good use of time. You need someone to do it who you trust but ultimately don’t need/want in the photos, so I wouldn’t delegate it to MoH/Bridesmaids either. Ask your reception venue if they have had this scenario before and if they can recommend hiring anyone. They may not do it themselves but they’ll likely know coordinators who could.
  • Ivana
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I think that will be the case in the end, the time between ceremony and reception is to take photos as photographer is from ceremony time so we wont be taking any professional photos before.

• Ivana
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,

If I get them and the groomsmen to decorate, they will miss out on being in the photos as we will be taking photos after the ceremony. I think I will need someone hired to do it for me even if it costs more money. Thanks for your response.

• B
    Beginner August 2024 West Midlands
    Belinda ·
    • Hide content
    Hello, you have to hire a decoration company. I have one called decorbybels on instagram. You can check them out
  • Ivana
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi, thanks for the response and recommendation.
    I have been looking into decor companies but most have been fully booked for our date so no luck so far.
  • B
    Belinda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh, sorry to hear that. You could check out my page on instagram @decorbybels. I may have availability for you.
  • Ivana
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you based in London? Xx
  • B
    Belinda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are not, but we travel to London most of the time to decorate for some of our clients
  • Alex
    Curious July 2024 Kent
    Alex ·
    • Hide content
    Could you perhaps hire a friend of a friend? I’ve got one of my bridesmaids friends to help set up in the morning, she local and trusted by my friend (which is enough for me)
  • Ivana
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi, so we had a friend of ours who was going to do the job as she’s got a business doing that, however she s pregnant and due around the wedding so she doesn’t want to risk it which is understandable.
    We don’t have anyone else we can ask as everyone will be at the ceremony at the time we would have to set up for the reception. That’s why I’m looking for a business at this point I’m over it too as it’s going to be so much work already with me having to do my own cake and desserts and some of the signs for the wedding too.
  • Ivana
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay, I have reached out via email. Thank you xx
  • Alex
    Curious July 2024 Kent
    Alex ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I get that, I’m doing our cake as well! Best of luck with it all
  • Ivana
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What flavours are you going for?? I’m still undecided 😭 I had some recommendations on my other post most popular flavours look like are chocolate, vanilla, lemon.
  • Ivana
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wooow! You are organised and you know your stuff 😅😂 that’s great to hear.
    We are planning on making the day before and start prep two or three days prior. I want everything to be fresh. I’m scared to freeze things as idk how it will defrost after 😅

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics