Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2024 Nottinghamshire

Decorate yourself or pay for one?

Amy, 20 of April of 2022 at 15:39 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hello, Im just wanting people's opinions/thoughts on whether you are planning to decorate tables/chairs yourself or have a professional in?

Ive searched a lot of ideas and I am swaying more towards decorating ourselves, buying a nice centre piece for each table and artificial flowers etc but the only downside is having to decorate the tables mid wedding day!
I have emailed my venue to ask if they would do this but I suspect the answer will be no so it would be a case of having our ceremony and then our guests go into a different room whilst we turn the room over ready for the wedding breakfast.
Its quite pricy to have a decorator in to do it all and want to save where we can! What's your thoughts/ideas on this? Thank you x

4 replies

Latest activity by Yorkshirelass, 20 of April of 2022 at 21:33
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Im not sure I understand the way your venue is set out. Are you saying that the main function room is where the ceremony will be and then the venue have no staff to remove the chairs and then set up tables for your food.

• A
    Beginner August 2024 Nottinghamshire
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry I've probably not explained myself well. The room where the ceremony will be then changes to the wedding breakfast then into the reception area.
    I'm hoping they will be moving the tables in and out yes but not sure if they will decorate them? I'm waiting on a reply. Obviously we would take everything we want on the tables to the venue.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Most venues I know will do it for you as they lay the tables with cloths and cutlery unless you have very big flower pieces but that would normally be in a situation where there is a separate wedding breakfast room that can be pre set up.

Usually the venue will do the decorations for you that you supply but if its a venue that is not a full time wedding venue then they may not be keen on the extra work. Keeping your decorations simple may help but if you are talking about gold fish bowls full of water lined with elephant grass and coloured stones in the bottom toped off with floating candles then that may be different.

Most of the time when I see very elaborate / extensive decorations is when there is a separate room for the wedding breakfast and a professional will come in to do it mid morning. Otherwise if it is a room turn around situation then the venue will do it.

• Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    We are having the ceremony, wedding meal and evening reception all in the same room. The venue will turn the room round for us, they have a separate bar that we can use and another large room which we haven’t hired as it was too big for our set up so they will put the tables up beforehand in that space and then move them in after the ceremony. We have a florist who will do all the room centrepieces and bouquets etc as I did not want the hassle of decorating ourselves. The florist is saving money and time by using vintage lanterns down the aisle and then moving them onto tables as centrepieces with foliage round them. She is also using fake foliage to offer a cheaper option so there are ways to do this.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics